King Moassel Review

mushrat

Post your reviews below for King Moassel Flavours. Questions and comments should be posted in seperate threads. Non-review posts or parts of posts deemed not part of the review will be edited out by Mods. For ease of using the search engine, each review should start with: King Moassel (flavour)

[b]Brand:[/b] King Moassel Raspya

[b]Smell/Flavor:[/b] Smells gorgeous! I did a blind smell test with two others who could not guess what the flavor was, but both commented that it had an amazing smell.

[b]Cut: [/b]Very small pieces. Zero stems. On the wetness scale, it was not very wet at all.

[b]Smoke:[/b] Very thick smoke with two Scalliwag coals.

[b]Buzz:[/b] None at all. This is neither good nor bad, but a statement of fact.

[b]Amount(approx)/Duration: [/b]The amount that EliteHookah provided to me fit exactly into my Stargate Egyptian-style bowl. I am guessing around 20 grams or so. It last close to two hours with NO harshness the entire time.

[b]Hookah Type:[/b] Stargate.

[b] Bowl: [/b]Standard Issue Stargate Egyptian bowl.

[b]Foil/Screen:[/b] Aluminum Foil.

[b]Coal/Amount:[/b] 2 Scalliwag coals.

[b]Liquid in Base:[/b] Aqua, seniors!

[b]Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10):[/b] 7 1/2-8. The taste to this was very unique and true to the smell. However, the taste was not as powerful as what I had liked it to be. I shared this with one other person who thoroughly enjoyed it. I'll ask him what he thought of it on a one to ten basis and edit the post to add his opinion on it as well. I've had some Raspberry Havalina shisha before and it was actually pretty medicore. The King Moassel destroys it, even as a mixed flavor, the raspberry is very prominent. The Papaya is almost like a condiment flavor to the mix. Let me know what the rest of you think!

King Moassel Raspaya

Setup: 36" SS Egyptian (Minerva) with standard hose and 3K QL's. I used sets of two throught the session on a SS large bowl.

Cut/Smell: Very consistent small leaves, no stems in the sample - a bit dry compared to most. The smell was great though - don't know what raspaya smells like but this stuff smelled GOOD.

Smoke/buzz: Very nice thick smoke throught the session with a very light buzz starting at the beginning and going all the way through... faded away after maybe 15min after i stopped.

Flavor: I couldn't get ANY except from after I was done exhailing then I sniffed it (wierd, I know) but that was good when I did lol. I couldn't even get good flavor exhailing through my nose so who knows... maybe a bad batch or it needed to be acclimated more?

If I could get the taste to come out when I exhailed, I'm sure I would've loved it but I couldn't so... bleh... I won't be ordering any any time soon.
Overall: 6.5/10

Note: Plz don't turn this stuff down on my flavor review portion - I have a lot of trouble getting any flavor out of my hookah unless I"m smoking minty stuff for some reason.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
STRAPPLE

Smell/Flavor: sweet apples and hint of strawberry
Cut: Fine very wet no stems
Smoke: thick and flavorfull
Buzz: medium
Hookah Type:mya acrylic 23 inch
Bowl: standard mya bowl
Foil/Screen: Single Aluminium foil
Coal/Amount: 2 natural fingers
Liquid in Base: Water and ice
Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 9

a very unique flavor at first a stong strawberry flavor then to a nice blend of sweet apple and strawberrys! so far i am very happy with all the king moassel flavors!

JASMINE

Smell/Flavor: crisp jasmine smell not to strong
Buzz: medium with nice relaxing effect
Coal/Amount: 2 natural fingers
Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 10

i love jasmine and well this is my favorite jasmine flavor by far~ ive smoked al fakhr, fumari, al walha and they all tasted to strong and left an oily feeling in my mouth! this was exactly what i was looking for and gave a very nice relaxing effect (jasmine is a natural sedative)

GRAPERICOT

Smell/Flavor: nice grape smell (natural) and a hint of apricot
Coal/Amount: 2 self light coals
Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 7.5-8

flavor smelled better then it tasted even though it was a good smoke i was expecting more, maybe
the coal had an effect on the flavor , will try again with some natural coals.

PEAR

Smell/Flavor: awsome sweet pear smell very natural
Coal/Amount: 2 self light coals
Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 8

flavor was very nice not to sweet just right, again i think the coals effected my overall opinion of this smoke. i will try again though but i have the feeling this might end up with a better rating later on! the flavor was very amazing .

• 2 months later...
King Moassel Grape

Packaging: Like Yashman, I really like the packaging on this thing. For some reason, I carry this thing much more easier due to its shape. Nice, durable plactic compared to some other brands (Once had an Al-Fahker crack open on me once).

Smell: Really sweet. Smells like grape, but more like grape candy. Not exactly bad at all, though.

Cut: Fine, quite moist.

Smoke: Once you get enough coals, you get nice white clouds.

Buzz: Dunno, I'm not too sensitive to that stuff.

Hookah: A small no-name single-hose. Works just fine with slight mods, though.

Coals: 3 Kings. About 1 and a half on a small standard bowl.

Liquid: Water and ice

Flavor: Weak. Smells hella nice, but I couldn't truly taste any grape smoking this. Everything else is good though, which makes it a shame, really.

Overall: This has everything good except a strong taste. I still use it, but only when I want something really light-tasting or to dilute an extra-strong tasting mix. Nothing exactly bad...but lacking in the taste department.

7/10 Edited by LateStart

• 3 weeks later...
In response to LATE START on the topic of GRAPE flavor.

King moassel actually has two grape flavors. He has "grape" which is the traditional sisha flavoring and he has "wild grapes" which is a more natural grape flavor. I personally dont care for "grape" i think it tates like cough syrup. My preference is "wild grapes", not only because it tastes like actual grapes, but because it smells like grape coolaid and its delicious. if youre looking for flavor, i suggest wild grapes. it doesnt taste anything like the traditional fake grape flavor. blah! yuck.

Smell: sweet grape coolaid. tastes like natural vine grapes.

Cut: Fine, moist, no stems.

Smoke: thick white smoke.

Buzz: no buzz until about 10 min into it. slight buzz.

Hookah: mid sized hookah 24 inches. with a medum glass bowl and metal pipe. no name.

Coals: diamante japanese style coals. love them, they doesnt get your fingers dirty when youre handeling them. leaves no soot behind.

Liquid: Water and ice. sometimes i add tequilla to intensify flavor

Flavor: good flavor. tastes like sweet white grapes. its delicious.

Overall: this is very good. it burns for about 25 to 30 min with flavor all the way through. not harsh, light buzz and tasty. Edited by wheezerina

I own every single flavor of King moassel shisha and have smoked them ALL. Its a great product. plus its good quality tobacco, no stems, fine cut, and smooth smoke all consistant throughout all of the jars. It has better packaging, and it posts its expiration date unlike some other non american brands. Tobacco DOES HAVE AN EXPIRATION DATE, even though it doesnt say so on the box! The same company makes my "Misstress hookah" that i use and Diamante japanese style coals that not only keep your fingers clean but dont alter the taste of the tobacco like some cheaper brands do. Ive smoked all the other brands including other american brands like splash and sultan this has them all beat down as far as quality. Ive had people tell me that american brands are not as good a quality but now i know its just a bunch of talk. He has some unusual flavors too, not just your typical fruity flavors he has alcohol flavors, carrot,bubblegum and oregano..yeah i know, but just had to try them.

ps. adding tequilla intesifies the flavors. mmm mm good.

here is my setup for all of these: (since all of what is mentioned is constant, ill save my self the trouble of typing them over and over)

Setup: king hookah misstress 2 hose. ( i usually smoke with at least one more person)
Bowl: standard mid size.
Hose: standard hose.
Screen/Foil: one sheet of renolds foil. 5 2mm long holes.
Liquid In base: water and ice.

all cuts: Fine, moist (mostly), No Stems.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Review: cranberry

smell: smells like cranberry pie

Taste: sweet cranberry juice without the bitterness.

Smoke Thickness: thick white smoke.

Buzz: no buzzing.

Duration: about 30 min with 2 people. double hose system.

one of my favorites because its so flavorful.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

review: Blueberry

Smell: smells like blueberry pie.

Taste: tates like creamy blueberry mousse. like blueberry's and cream. delicious!

Smoke Thickness: thick white clouds. fun to blow out.

Buzz:buzz after 10 to 15 min. mellow buzz.

Duration: about 30 min or so on a 2 hose system.

this is my new all time favorite next to melon.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Review: Vodka

Smell: smells like rubbing alcohol and milk. nasty scent.

Taste: tastes like cotton candy or marshmellows. and after a while.. toasted marshmellows.

Buzz: buzz after 15 min give or take.

Duration: about 30 min or so on a 2 hose system.

this one suprised me, after smelling it i was kind of apprehensive but i tried it anyway, always good to be open minded. it turned out to be good.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Review: Beer. Yes, beer! Bavarian beer to be exsact.

Smell: smells like caramel and dark beer.

Taste: sweet caramel w/ some molasses. delicous. very strong flavor, doesnt taste anything like beer. very, very sweet.
flavor stays in your mouth.

Smoke Thickness: thick white clouds.

Buzz: buzz after 20 min. slight.

Duration: this one lasts for 45 min on a 2 hose system. deelish!.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Review: Oregano

Smell: smells like a pizza.

Taste: tastes like pizza, only not so tomato-ey. this was an unusual flavor. my friends didnt care for it but i kinda like that it
tates like italian food. im pretty sure thats the target audience for this. if you like italian food like me, youll like this. it has a bit of a bitter plant-like aftertaste but its still good.

Buzz: buzzy after 10 min but its really good.

Duration: about 40 min on a 2 hose system with 2 people.

i end up craving italian after i have this. youll think you just had some spagetti.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Review: Melon (cantelope)

Smell: smells like cantelope.

Taste: tates like sweet cantelope smoothie with milk. its so delicious. this one is my favorite.

Buzz: no buzzing

Duration: 20-30 min.

the taste changes over time. for some reason the catelope flavor intensifies the longer you have it sitting in its juices. its stronger now than when i bought it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
okay folks thats all for today. ill post some more later on in getting hungry. ask me anything.

here is my typical setup.

• 4 weeks later...
King Moassel Grape

Packaging: Nice Tub, easy to carry and hold.

Smell: Smelled exactly how it tasted. The smell was of grape cough syrup and a slight touch of something acidic (vinegar?). Very artificial smelling, and gross.

Cut: Fine cut, moist, no stems in sight

Smoke: 7/10 (Pretty milky, but gets a while to get up to that point)

Buzz: Absolutely NO buzz... =/

Hookah: A medium no-name 3 hose hookah (smokes like a champ)

Coals: Japanese. 2 on a small standard bowl.

Liquid: Water and ice

Flavor: Mild, did not taste when inhaling, but taste came after exhale, weird. The taste was very gross to me and everyone around me, if anyone had grape cough syrup, then this is what it is comparable to. But the flavor is much more than Nakhla IMO

Overall: A very light, low buzz, mild flavored (if you like the flavor you get dry.gif ) tobacco. The 2 great things about this for me was that it was cheap for a whole tub (7 dollars) and the clouds were pretty milky (got my "o" show going"). I would reccomend this for a begginer/lightweight in the hookah world.

6/10

• 1 month later...
Setup: King hookah Mistress 2 Hose
Bowl: Standard
Hose: Standard
Screen/Foil: Reynolds!
Liquid In base: Water and ice (second time with a little bit of wine)
Coals: Japanese Easy Lites

Review: King Moassel Guava

Cut: Fine, very moist, stemless

Smell: Smelled just like guava albeit a little bit artificial but nonetheless mouth watering

Taste: A little bit weak, however later on when I added another quarter of coal, it tasted much better. Taste is true to the smell, strangely enough, most of the taste is on the exhale.

Smoke Thickness: Because of my mess up with the coals, smoke was weak until another quarter was added. Needs a little more heat than some other shisha

Buzz: Below average to average. Some of my friends got a pretty good buzz tho.

Duration: Healthy hour with no loss of flavor. Lasted as long as the coals

Overall: 8/10. I messed up in the beginning but it was great later on. Second time I tried it with some wine in the base and the wine taste was a little stronger than the guava taste but they mixed nicely and tasted YUMMY. I'd recommend

• 1 month later...
Brand: King Moassel Pine...Guava...Mixed Fruit

Smell/Flavor: Pine: Smelled like chemicals alongside Lemon Lime. A bit of Pine nothing earthy or savory about it.
Almost Margarita like.
Smoked like menthol lime.

Guava: Smelled just like Guava until I smoked some. Now it smells to me like it smokes.
Smoked like Cinnamon meets Strawberry.

Mixed Fruit: Smells similar to fruit-stripe gum, watered down fruit punch.
Smoked dusty tasting and kind of like play-dough.

Cut:
Medium cut red in color molasses pieces, super wet and sticky.

Smoke: Light smoke on all 3 flavors.

Buzz: Pine: 0... made me ill.

Guava: 2-3...made me hungry.

Mixed Fruit: 3...gave me a head-ache (was my first session though)

Amount(approx)/Duration:
8-15 grams of each. All lasted abut 30 minutes.

Hookah Type:
Sultan

Bowl: Small & large ceramic.

Foil/Screen: Aluminum Foil.

Coal/Amount: 3-4 Japanese QL's coals.

Liquid in Base: Water

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10):

Pine: 0 out of 10. Unless you like Lemon/Lime or Margarita, stay away!

Guava: 5-6 out of 10. Be good mixed with Strawberry smile.gif

Mixed Fruit: 3 out of 10. Pretty bland..worth trying for $2.00.
Edited by MatthewLee

• 1 month later...
Mint, Strapple, Buttermilk-Chocolate.

Ok, let me start just by saying that I had high expectations after trying hookah for the first time at a party a couple of days before. I didn't know it at the time but everything at the party had been Pharaohs. When I bought my hookah and these flavors, I didn't realize the brand of shisha had such an impact.

Breakdown isn't necessary, my wife and I who were both previously nonsmokers, both found this stuff to be unforgivabley harsh and difficult to smoke. Now granted since then I've learned to not put the stuff in the fridge but still. I'm surprised anybody likesthis brand.

• 2 months later...
king pina

Cut: very thin great ventalation.

Smoke: VERY VERY THICK.

Taste: AWESOME, since I like pineapple and stuff, lol.

Buzz: AMAZING very strong.

Amount(approx)/Duration: 20 grams for about 45 minutes.

Hookah Type: custom

Bowl: mod bowl

Foil/Screen: foil

Coal/Amount: 1.5 3 kings

Liquid in Base: Kool-Aid tropical punch

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 8

Price:$10.00 for a nice fat 250g tub. Beautiful.

• 2 months later...
Brand: King Moassel Watermelon

Smell: Smells very tart, appealing and not at the same time. Reminds of me candy. Very strong smelling.

Flavor: I smoked my first bowl of this last night and there was a definite, although slight, flavor. However, at the time it had been burning my tongue and the flavor was very hard to find so I scrapped the bowl. I set another bowl up an hour ago and there was absolutely no flavor. Packed the same as all my other bowls, which have all given me a nice flavor.

Cut: Small to medium cut. Pretty wet.

Smoke: Thick, 2 golden coals.

Buzz: Very slight, if none at all. Probably leaning towards the latter.

Amount(approx)/Duration: ~1 hour (See above)

Hookah Type: Mya QT

Bowl: Standard Issue QT Bowl.

Foil/Screen: Aluminum Foil. (1 layer)

Coal/Amount: 2 Golden Coals

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 2. There was flavor with the original bowl, although it was an upsetting very mild flavor. Second bowl, no flavor at all. I'd pass on this flavor. Edited by Glassjaw

Brand: King Moassel Watermelon

Smell: Nice Smell tho

Flavor: Reaaaaaaaal Bad flavour it were like i cant describe it but it was sickening. Something like this would put a new b off hookah

Cut: Small to medium cut. Pretty wet.

Smoke: Medium Density.

Buzz: Slight.

Amount: 15 minutes

Hookah Type: Mya Acrylic

Bowl: Egyptian Bowl

Foil/Screen: Aluminum Foil. (1 layer)

Coal/Amount: 4 Small Pieces Of Nours

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 3. Il give it a 3 because i dont wanna be harsh but its prob the worse flavour iv ever smoked but thank you for the sample mr las vegas dude, kinda nice ov you to ship right accross the pond.

sorry i should be more professional but the watermelon is pure out nasty, im 90% positive it didn't have anything to do with my setup it was just nasty. But i do appreciate neal let me sample this thanks very much! but yeah dont touch this stuff.

King Moassel Watermelon - currently smoking it as I write this review

Setup: MYA QT, standard bowl, aluminum foil, 1 3Kings 40mm QL coal

Packaging: Nice box, well-sealed plastic inside

Smell: cloying, fake watermelon flavor, hint of something else I could not identify

Appearance: rough cut, way too many stems for a "premium" shisha

Taste: absolutely awful. I am currently forcing myself to smoke this bowl in the hopes that it might get better. Taste is sort of fruity, but with a weird minty tingle at the end.

Smoke: this is probably the only redeeming feature of this tobacco - thick, cottony white smoke

Overall: 3/10. It is not unsmokable, but I would never smoke this again. As mentioned before, the smoke is the only good thing about this tobacco.

King Watermelon

Smell: This has a very strong smell and is noticably sour

Taste: Tasted like a sour Jolly rancher watermelon flavored of course.

Smoke: I got some of the thickest smoke in a long time out of this flavor.

Buzz: none

Overall: I am going to come to the defense of this shisha. I really enjoyed the flavor of it, maybe I jusst got a lucky box because no one else seems to like it. Takes a bit of heat to get going but play around with it and you should get a surprizingly nice smoke out of it.

• 1 month later...
King M Orange Creme

I'm smoking it as we speak thanx to Neal. The smoke is thick and the smell is just as good. Smokes awesome on my little. I haven't heard the best about this brand but I do enjoy this flavor alot! Though the orange comes through strong, the creme side of the flavoring creeps in like a phantom just in time to combine with the orange to make it taste like orange cremsicles.

Overall 8/10

• 3 weeks later...
I'll be reviewing Raspberry and Pomegranate. Both had the same results... sort of.

Setup: Al Amir (no-name) 16" hookah, no frills whatsoever, regular foil, two 3k quicklites for each, just water in vase

Packaging: small box, un-resealable plastic bag inside

Appearance: Medium, stemmy for both, but plenty juicy

Smell: Pomegranate smelled like pomegranate alright, but still kind of a candy smell ; Raspberry smelled like... raspberry chemicals, would be the only way to describe it

Taste: Again, pomegranate wasn't too bad, sweet, but oddly harsh ; raspberry was very synthetic tasting, I could really barely tell it was supposed to be raspberry

Smoke: decent... to minimal. Took quite a while to get anything out of these, even with my usual set-up (which always does well for my Layalinas)

Buzz: absolutely nada

Overall: Pomegranate - 4/10 , Raspberry - 2/10

honestly, the 5 bucks I paid for each box was far too much... very disappointing

• 1 month later...
Flavor: Pinana or a mix of Pineapple & Banana

Cut: Nice cut not too big not too small. 2 Stems in the 50g box. On the wetness scale, medium not too wet but not too dry. just like i like them.

Smoke: Very thick smoke

Buzz: None at all. This is neither good nor bad, but a statement of fact.

Amount(approx)/Duration: Lasted a good hour. when i took off the foil a nice cooked cake of tobacco.

Hookah Type: Social smoke Orion 3 with a razan hose

Bowl: Medium Social Smoke Custom Clay Hookah Bowl

Foil/Screen: Aluminum Foil.

Coal/Amount: 1 3 kings 40 mm

Liquid in Base: H2O as always

Overall satisfaction (scale 1 to 10): 8. The taste to this was very unique and true to the smell, had a kinda creamy taste to it. It could have had more flavor but it was very enjoyable. a good dessert shisha. I like it alot i def will buy this one.

Brand: King Moassel Peach

Smell/Flavor: Excellent. Exactly how a peach smells with the skin. Flavor is overwhelming, neither sweet nor bitter.

Cut: Fine, one stem in the whole 250g tub. Very dry(even after mixing thoroughly).

Smoke: Thick smoke, comparable to AlWaha, but not as thick as Starbuzz or Nakhla.

Buzz: Immediate buzz after my first hit.

Amount(approx)/Duration: 25g, about an hour.

Hookah Type: No-name egyptian. 36"

Bowl: Egyptian.

Foil/Screen: Aluminum Foil. Fan grill suspending the coals.

Coal/Amount: 2 Dodo coals.

Liquid in Base: H20.

Overall satisfaction: I'm not a big fan of peach, but would prefer Tangiers or Nakhla over this any day. Definitely worth it for the price($9 for 250g).

• 1 month later...
King Moassel Watermelon

Hookah: 31 inch mya Tank

Bowl: Traditional (phunnel broke)

Foil: 1 layer HD

Coals: 3 1/4 pieces of exoticas

Hose: razan

Liquid: Water + Ice

This flavor is terrible. Tastes too sweet and candyish for me. Taste was tolerable for the first 5 min then started to burn. No matter what you do you get a nasty taste of burnt watermelon. Smoke is thin to medium at best. If you use 2 1/4 pieces you get no smoke, if you use 3 1/4 pieces you get smoke but rips burnt, and smoke is still not acceptable.

Flavor 2 out of 10
Thickness 2 out of 10
Heat management 10 being as easy as Fantasia : 2

I'd steer clear of this flavor, tasted horrible to say the least.

• 1 month later...
King Moassel Guava

Hookah: Mini Mya
Bowl: Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Mya Cloisonne
Coals: Coco Nara
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Small Cut Soaked in Red Juice
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Honey, Corn Syrup, Glycerin, and Sugar
Smell: Not sure Guava I guess
Taste: Not sure I think Guava...fruit
Smoke: Great Clouds
Buzz: None
Duration: 3 Hour

Purchased From: Local Shop

Overall: 4/10 Flavor was decent, but mild. Claims to be a "Premium" tobacco, not even close. Headache after smoking...have to assume it's from the Corn Syrup, Sugar and Red Dye. Decent flavor, but you get what you pay for. Headache for the first time from Shisha, will not purchase again.