Hi from South Africa. Please help?

rey

Whats up guys.

I bought this hookah (middle one) maybe 4 months ago from a local supplier. Apparently it's some brand name?

I haven't really smoked it that much. But a while ago it just lost ALL taste. So I tried cleaning it. I've used lemon juice, baking soda and even chlorine. To no avail.

Please... if anyone has any idea how to fix this please help? I paid over 100$ for it and I'd prefer to not have to pay that again xD .

Thanks <3

hookah.jpg

Hi,

Lack of taste might be in such cases: strongly pressed tobacco or tobacco for a long time lay not in the package.

Try to keep your tobacco in closed containers.

Before smoking you need to remove excess "juice" (If you want it, actually), but not to turn tobacco into the straw. 

Happy smoking;)

• Upvote 1

I don't think the problem is the pipe, but rather the tobacco as double_bowl mentioned. Your hose could be a problem as well, but usually that would give you stale flavour (not a lack of flavour). Try picking up some fresh new tobacco and working on your packing method. If you need some help with that, just take some pictures of your packed bowl and we can go from there!

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys!!

I've bought a new pipe. New tobacco. Same problem.

So I went and bought a new hookah. I bought an Al Fahker 36" medium light hookah. http://www.alfakheronline.com/Item_Hookahs.html

Same problem! Hahaha.... sigh. The irony. Same problem. I'm about to give up home because I'm clearly doing something wrong. 

New issue. My coals don't stay lit. I've tried easy lights and coconut shell (lit it on my electric stove till fully red). I've tried different brands of each. 

Wow. I either became terrible at this or my luck has gone down the drain. Welcome to my life : / 

Thanks for the help guys. 

• 4 weeks later...

How does it draw? Is the draw easy? Is the bottom of the stem at least an inch below the surface of the water? When the hookah is together, can you feel a vacuum when you cover the bowl with your hand and draw through the hose, or is air coming in through a loose fitting? If you're using fresh shisha, are you stirring it up and then putting it in the bowl without packing it too tightly? It sounds possible that you don't have good air flow, which would deprive you of full smoke and contribute to the coals dying.

Edited by Pianoman