Mya Colossus, Yes or No?

Ok, so I've been enjoying my two generic hookahs for about a year now and want to upgrade to a fancy high quality hookah. I have looked through a few sites and have found a mya colossus 4 hose hookah on sale for 200$ with free shisha, coals, and a carrying case included and I feel like its the perfect hookah for me. It does look REALLY badass imo, but my problem is, is it only for looks? The reason I say this is because I see mixed reviews, some say its good, others say its bad, and I don't want to purchase it if its really that terrible, but can anyone give me more opinions on it? Especially in regards to the draw and the hose quality :). Sorry for such a long post.

MYA is a company that makes quality pipes. However if you're buying a 4 hose pipe you're asking for trouble. Essentially in a pipe you have a few points of potential failure that can be a bother. Specifically we are talking about hose ports, purge valves and any other "joint". Essentially with 4 hose ports, with 4 hose port ball valves etc. the odds of having something fail are higher.

That said, I think if you really want a 4 hose and are gonna take care of it MYA is the way to go.

Oh really? Is the auto seal feature that comes with that pipe a particular point of worry as well? I hear that for some it is and some its not, but im not entirely sure. But thanks for the advice, I do have a small two hose hookah and I feel I can handle most things that could go wrong on a four hose, but it's all a learning experience for me.

As you said, for some it is and for some it isn't. Some people will tell you they've never had a problem with theirs, another person might have their first problem on their first use. That's why most of the regular smokers on the forum at least will usually end up telling you that single hose is the best option. If possible a single piece pipe that doesn't unscrew etc. If you like to take it one step further and are pretty good at heat management while enjoying traditional pipes you can go traditional Turkish and I think some Syrian pipe, those don't even have a purge valve.

But really it all comes down to personal preference, at the end of the day what matters is that you're happy with your pipe, and if you like the MYA aesthetic and a more modern pipe with possibly more hoses then I'd say MYA is a good choice. Just stay away from Chinese knockoffs. The cheapo knockoff pipes might look pretty sweet sometimes, but they always end up being shitty metal that ends up rusting or whatever.

Only no name brand stuff that is worth getting is some middle eastern and Turkish knockoffs, Cause those are sometimes quality pipes from brand name manufacturers that are just being sold unmarked for some reason.

How many people do you intend on smoking with? a single hose pipe is good for 2-4 people easily. The issue with multi hose pipes even autosealing ones is people all trying to smoke at the same time. You all go to draw, and no one gets any smoke. with a single or even a two hose pipe it's a little more controlled. Mya pipes are great and making it a single hose version will do wonders for you. Is 200 is your price point, I would also suggest looking in to Khalil Mamoon, or other Mya pipes.

Well I do have a single hose pipe as well, but i figure something new would be nice, thanks for the heads up though, I'll repost whenever I do get the pipe and tell whether I enjoyed it myself or not. And honestly I smoke with about 5 or 6 people at a time when i spend time with friends. Sometimes more depending on who shows up. Occasionally i smoke alone too. This Mya Colossus I plan on getting is definitely going to be mainly for party's or get togethers, but I'll remember that when I buy it and take that into thought if I have any problems, thanks so much for the opinions! It really helps when im spending a fair sum of cash

And sorry, i found another post on this site that reviews this specific hookah, so that's why i also sound more reassured ^_^

You are better off using two single hose pipes than a multi-hose pipe. The main problem is that people can't draw at the same time anyways, so a multi-hose pipe is useless unless everyone likes holding the hose more than actually smoking the hose. Also, with that many people, the coal will stay hotter (being pulled on more consistently keeps it heated up). This will make it harder to manage heat, and you will end up burning bowls more often. That's my main reason for not liking multi-hose pipes. Also, as you mentioned, more points for the pipe to leak.