Coloure Hookah Smoke

So I know this has been discussed countless times and I'm serious about making it a reality. I don't have the time or resources currently to do any proper tests but I've found a passion to make it happen. There are countless ways to color smoke from fireworks to throwing chemicals into a fire to create some cool effects, but the problem with these is a health concern. None of these chemicals are good for you and can cause serious irreversible harm to the user or experimenter. From the research I've done, you have to find something that sticks. A thick substance that mixes with water and moves with it throughout the water cycle. The only substances that can do this are dyes and some chemicals that are extremely hazardous and must be handled with care. From what I've read, dye particles can make their way through the smoke and into the body. Chemicals will pretty much just harm you....so what if you could create a filter piece for this to adapt to a hookah? Something that can filter out those dye particles and extra chemicals without affecting the tobacco too much. Would it be possible to create a carbon filter combined with a plain old cotton filter? And if so, would it be possible to create them on a small enough scale to filter out those chemicals without making the hookah more encumbersome in size than it already is.

*Note: This idea is meant for sit down hookah's and hookah lounges. More research and technology will have to be made to adapt to smaller sizes.

A lot more research will have to be done for any semblance of colored smoke in a pipe man, it's all stuff you don't really want in your lungs as it is, adding to that "for show" is crazy considering the chemicals used to dye stuff are not at all meant to go into your lungs. But you need them to if you want the color to "stick" when you're exhaling.

Hmmmm...I see what you mean, and it's a little more information for me to consider. I'm actively looking into the contents of dyes, different types, and the overall toxins and poisons that come with it. I'm going to do a lot more research, and I'm probably going to spend years looking into it, and even longer trying different ideas and possibly looking into getting dyes made that don't involve too many of those chemicals. It's definitely going to take a lot of time, but I really want this to become a reality to add to the hookah experience. It may not be a big change in the hookah world, or in the world in general, but it's something that I would like to see happen.

• 1 month later...

So, Red dye has been a part of many hookah tobaccos for years. Nakhla, Al Amir, even Al Fakher and Star Buzz use red dyes. None of them come out in the smoke. If you had to use a filter strong andough to filter out any dangerous chemical particulate you would also be filtering out the smoke and flavour particulates leaving you....nothing. Just set up some coloured lights and keep the crap you inhale to a minimum would be my advice.