One-piece, all-metal hookah

Hello - I'm an experienced shisha smoker, but someone just gave me a beautiful new hookah... that I can't figure out how to fill correctly. It's all in one piece, from bottom to top, in silver metal. However do I judge how much to fill the bottom part, since I can't see it?

Any help or comments appreciated!

Oh hell, that's all one piece? :/ I guess you gotta test fill it until you can judge it by weight. Though that sounds painful to do every time, I reckon eventually you'd get used to it.

Yeah, definitely just gotta add a little bit at a time through either the top or the hose port until you get it right. That being said, that thing is going to be a serious pain to keep clean if you can't take it apart at all...my advice, after smoking it, crush up some denture cleaning tablets into powder, mix them in with some water and dump that water in through the hose port. Plug all the holes and swish it around, let it sit overnight and in the morning rinse it out thoroughly.

Gorgeous pipe though!

I never even thought of that, shit you're gonna have to put work in to keep that baby running clean ya! If you don't wanna go through all that and have other pipes maybe use this as a display piece?

Well, it was a gift... and for the moment the person who gave it to me is my roommate - and she's wondering when I'm going to use it! It is gorgeous, isn't it?

I like the idea of the denture cleaning tablets. I'll give it a whirl this weekend and let you know how it goes! Thanks for your help. :-)