Is this bowl burning my grommet?

I recently ordered this hookah bowl off amazon and tried it as soon as I got it;

http://www.amazon.com/Texas-Hookah-Large-Bowl-Black/dp/B001AAHOSK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432073438&sr=8-1&keywords=large+hookah+bowl

I realized an odd taste like something was burning. I turned the shishah over and exhaled into the hose but it kept burning. I removed the shishah to find what I believe was the rubber of the grommet burning. It was the grommet that came with the bowl.

I have an approximately 1 foot tall hookah when the bowl is attached and the gauge is maybe half an inch. It is a MYA.

I'm smoking it again with my older grommet which is almost identical but seems harder/denser.

The bowl seems almost an inch shorter than my phunnel bowl or any other bowl I tried and this has never happened.

What do you guys think the problem is? How should I resolved it? What should be replaced?

Edited by Nealkjec Ene

Well, in my experience these bowls aren't great, so it's possible I reckon. However it shouldn't be happening, so if it works ok with a different gasket then that should be the problem. Ofcourse you said you have a phunnel so you might as well use that instead.

a lot of bowls will melt your grommet because they get super hot. but tasting it isn't good it could just be your grommet is super cheap quality. or the bowl is over heating because its to thin. try using another bowl and seeing how it works