Sultan Reviews

mushrat

Post your reviews below for Sultan Flavours. Questions and comments should be posted in seperate threads. Non-review posts or parts of posts deemed not part of the review will be edited out by Mods. For ease of using the search engine, each review should start with: Sultan (flavour)

• 2 weeks later...
Sultan Lebanese Cedar

Picked this up from a local tobacco shop. It is very...well, different

Flavor: A strong mint/cedar mix. It is a very cool smoke but buyer beware: this is not fruity in the least. It has a very woodsy taste that some people have found disagreeable. Smoked just like it smelled.

Smoke: Great thick clouds with two Three Kings insta-light coals piggy back. Used a metal screen.

Cut: Very thick cut with some stems, but not too hard to pick out. It was in the thickest molasses I've ever seen, but I'm not to experienced.

Duration: I found it to hold its flavor for a good hour, and a slightly weaker flavor for the next half hour.

Overall: 7/10
I really liked it and so has my friends but this is not for all, but if you like the smell of cedar and a strong mint, definatly give this a shot.

• 2 months later...
Sultan Cantaloupe

it was pretty cheaper than the others and the head shop owner recommended it to me. (i trust him)

Smell/Cut: smells like cantaloupe sweet not to fruity, fine cut not too juicy but just right.

Smoke: 4 small 1/2inch pieces of diamante natural finger coal with foil, big thick white clouds.

Flavor: taste like cantaloupe candy, its very sweet and every hit you take you can definitely taste the cantaloupe.

Duration: good solid hour then after i added 2 more coals about 15mins after the hour the flavor started to drop out.

Overall: 7/10 good smoke great taste it would be something you'd wanna smoke every other time.

Sultan Lebanese Cedar

Tried it in a lounge for the first time, as an alternative to the normal fruity or sweet flavors. Then the owner suggested a mocha cappuccino bowl with a hint of cedar. That was... odd. I bought my own jar of the Lebanese Cedar for experimental purposes.

Smell/Cut: smells like trees. Fairly fine cut. By the way, it's a honey mix, not molasses.

Smoke: One 40mm Golden Coal for a fairly thick smoke, but nothing impressive. When using a screen, I tried an additional fraction of coal, and the tobacco started to sizzle, making the smoke too harsh. As usual, using foil seemed to work better.

Flavor: Green, earthy, grassy and a bit... wood-like, I guess. A bit of minty-freshness as well.

Duration: Long enough that I was getting a bit tired of the

Overall: 6/10 great alternative to the norm, and definitely a surprising flavor to those who have never tried it. Not sure how well it might mix with other flavors.

• 1 month later...
Sultan Cantaloupe

Smell/Cut: smells like very strong cantaloupe...It has a very thick chunky cut

Smoke: Nice big clouds of smoke.

Flavor: taste like honey...Only a fragrant note of cataloupe

Duration: lasted for 1.5 hours in a small phunnel and .75 hours in a standard 20 gram bowl.

Overall: 2/10 Great flavor honestly BUT it was purchased because it was supposed to taste like cantaloupe not honey. Also even though this is a unwashed tobacco it gave me no buzz and I actually had to smoke a cigarette for some nicotine while I was smoking the bowl. For some reason it seems to deliver less nicotine than even starbuzz.

• 1 month later...
Sultan Splash Cola

Set-up
Mini Hookah (don't know the brand)
1 and 1/2 Jap Charcoal
Heavy Duty Foil (bout 25 holes all around)

Smell:It Smells Very Good, Strong cola Flavor

Look: It Looks Very Diffrent to any tobacco i've seen it's very flaky not very moist

Smokes: Hard to get it started. Started out with 1 full jap coal not thick enough so I added a 1/2 coal. Smoke thickness isn't That Great. It Tastes Really good tho so it's worth it. Just wish there was more smoke

6/10

• 10 months later...
Setup: Ballerina 3 hose and some other 1 hose hookah (my friend's, modern style), metal hoses, regular hose, Diamente finger natural charcoal, Golden quicklight charcoal, water in base.

Sultan Orange
Appearance: Not as wet as most stuff I smoke (Starbuzz, Hookah Hookah, Tonic). Kinda oily looking. A few stems, not too many. Very dark brown.
Smell: Did not smell like much. You could detect hints of orange but was not strong smelling.
Duration: Great duration. Got one bowl of Sultan to last 2 hours without losing any taste.
Buzz: Got a bit of a nic headache after 3 bowls of the stuff.
Smoke: Fairly thick clouds. Not as thick as say Starbuzz but definately more than Al Amir or AF.
Flavor: Got great flavor. Really strong flavor, and the orange tasted like a real orange. This is probabally my favorite orange I have had.
Overall: 10/10. Great flavor, great duration, good clouds. This stuff was really easy to use too. It did not require any fluffing or anything and does not need much heat to get going.

Sultan Apricot
Appearance: Not as wet as most stuff I smoke (Starbuzz, Hookah Hookah, Tonic). Kinda oily looking. A few stems, not too many. Very dark brown.
Smell: Smelled like apricot. Again, not very strong smell, but a little more than their orange.
Duration: Great duration. Got one bowl of Sultan to last 2 hours without losing any taste.
Buzz: Got a bit of a nic headache after 3 bowls of the stuff.
Smoke: Fairly thick clouds. Not as thick as say Starbuzz but definately more than Al Amir or AF.
Flavor: Good flavor. Fairly strong and very apricoty.
Overall: 9/10. Not as strong flavor as the orange but still very good. I would smoke more of this stuff, but its hard to get ahold of where I live.

• 4 months later...
Sultan Double Apple
This stuff had a surprisingly traditional feel to it for a US-made shisha.

Packaging: A box, similar to Nakhla or Al Waha, but the shisha itself is just wrapped in what looks almost like red giant-eagle bags. Hey, it works I guess! laugh.gif

Cut: Looks halfway between Nakhla and AF, uncolored. Just slightly drier than AF

Smell: Like your normal double apple, minus a bit of anise

Taste: Same as it smelled, a nice change from anisey apple.

Smoke: Normal, I'd compare it to Nakhla.

Buzz: None, but I didn't try for one. (after a few more smokes I may have to edit this)

Overall: 7.5/10
A good, solid double apple with less anise than usual.

• 5 months later...
Sultan Vanilla

Hookah: Mya QT
Bowl: Tangiers Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Standard Mya
Coals: Coconaras
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Short Cut with a few stems, very dark in color
Nicotine: ?
Base: ?
Smell: Mildly like Vanilla Extract
Taste: I think i tasted Vanilla on a pull or two
Smoke: Good Clouds
Buzz: None
Duration: 1 Hour

Purchased From: Trade from Dereksd

Overall: 1/10 Absolutely no flavor, despite multiple attempts with packing and heat. This last bowl was my best. Tasted Vanilla every now and then. Will not smoke again.