Lightheadedness (experienced cig smoker)

Hello all, first time poster,

I have a question. First of all, let me say that I smoke over a pack of cigarettes a day, and I also use pipes, cigars, dip, chew, snuff, etc. I have smoked for ten years now, so I am not new to nicotine. I am, however, new to hookahs, and I find that sometimes when I smoke shisha I get very lightheaded, dizzy, and sometimes a headache. My question is, if I am used to nicotine, and people say most shisha tobacco is low in nicotine (at least, relatively), then why do I get these effects? This happens in particular with Nakhla Zaghloul (my favorite taste-wise, so far). The effects, short of a headache, are not entirely unenjoyable; but I wonder if this is typical? I get to the point that I can hardly walk straight. Could it be carbon monoxide from the quick light charcoal? Thanks in advance for your replies, I appreciate it. Hope this wasn't too long winded.

Quite likely to be quicklight related indeed, try natural coals if you can. Also don't forget to make sure you're not burning the tobacco or foil. It takes a bit of trial and error.