Lets talk about Nicotine

fcbayern

I have been having a bit of a problem lately and I wanted to reach out to you guys and brainstorm what might be going on.

First my background..... I vape and smoke hookah because I enjoy the experience. I am in no way addicted to nicotine. In fact can and have gone weeks and even months without smoking at all. That being said when I do smoke/vape I occasionally like a bit of a nicotine buzz. About 70-75% of the time I vape a 0mg nic juice, for the rest of the time I vape a 3mg.

The problem I am having is that I am getting what seems like inconsistent throat hit/nic buzz/flavor from different juices. Now I know this is to be expected, but what gets me is that is occurring even from the same manufacturer with the same juice. For example, some of the first ejuice I ordered was from MBV and I really enjoyed it. So when I ran out I ordered the same exact juices, I mean Identical. The 2nd set of juices ended up in the trash because they were simply unvapable, the throat hit was insane, and the buzz made me want to puke. So I chalked it up to MBV having quality control issues. Example #2 I have a B&M shop by my house that I frequent and they mix their own juice. I have vaped their juices a multitude of times with and without nic, I dont even notice any throat hit on their stuff. This week I went in and got some juice from them. The 2 flavors I got in 3mg, again were unvapable, everything else was fine. Example #3 I purchased a bottle of Ruthless juice at another B&M in town because it was supposed to be really high end ($22 for 10ml) and I really liked the sample I tried. Again 3mg super throat hit. I vaped it because it was so expensive, but the only way I could vape it was super low wattage and AFC wide open, almost zero clouds. In comparison I got a bottle of vapewild fruithoops 3mg around the same time and it was my ADV for a couple of days until the 20 ml bottle was gone.

I do have to mention, I did indeed steep the problem liquids adequately just to insure that was not the problem. On the contrary when I first started vaping I didn't even know what steeping was and just took juice right out of the vapemailbox and dripped it. I have also taken into account the type of build or even the atomizer I use. I have vaped some of the juices in the same exact atty to test it. The conclusion is "its the juice". I have also considered that it might have just been human error (someone mix too much nic in my juice by mistake) But I dont see that being a factor that often, even on the same order, same day, same order different days.

What do you guys think? Do I have some hyper sensitivity to nic? I know most of these manufacturers use huge bottles of nicotine, could it be that the nic is more potent when its a fresh bottle? I am definitely confused.

Sorry such a lengthy post

• Upvote 1

Dang, that's weird you're getting such inconsistencies. I kept having problems with MBV, so I've pretty much dropped them altogether (I may or may not order Hawk Sauce again, but my last bottle was so disappointing that I think I may just give up).

I've had my best luck getting Max VG with extra flavoring if available, nicotine always 3mg. Lapine Lupine Labs has been great across the board for me, no issues. VapeWild has been consistent as well, no throat hit issues. Then you have MBV, and it's freaking all over the place...

I've had the same problem a few times. One thing you might try is mixing up those juices a bit (if they have an eyedropper cap, just suck a bunch up, squirt it back in with an air gap, etc. Maybe it's just psychological but it does seem to help with certain juices. I don't really know though, adding any nic adds throat hit for me, but I like the little buzz too much to completely get rid of it.

I've had good success with Vape Wild so far. I did order 50/50 PG/VG. Throat hit is definitely there on the dripper. But over time my throat is getting used to it. Always 3mg. I'm moving to 0mg types over time. I've still got a lot left of the Vape Wild order though. Vintage E-liquids are very good as well. My favorite is the Joker.

So here is a short update to really mess things up even more. 

I just received an order from MBV. I unfortunately messed up when ordering and clicked the 24mg button on one of my juice bottles. Long story short I have a 30ml bottle of Hawk Sauce with 24mg Nic. Funny thing is, its totally vapeable. It obviously has a considerable throat hit, and makes me pretty loopy. But I can indeed smoke it, unlike some of the other stuff I have mentioned previously..

WEIRD HUH?

• 6 months later...

I have been having a bit of a problem lately and I wanted to reach out to you guys and brainstorm what might be going on.

First my background..... I vape and smoke hookah because I enjoy the experience. I am in no way addicted to nicotine. In fact can and have gone weeks and even months without smoking at all. That being said when I do smoke/vape I occasionally like a bit of a nicotine buzz. About 70-75% of the time I vape a 0mg nic juice, for the rest of the time I vape a 3mg.

The problem I am having is that I am getting what seems like inconsistent throat hit/nic buzz/flavor from different juices. Now I know this is to be expected, but what gets me is that is occurring even from the same manufacturer with the same juice. For example, some of the first ejuice I ordered was from MBV and I really enjoyed it. So when I ran out I ordered the same exact juices, I mean Identical. The 2nd set of juices ended up in the trash because they were simply unvapable, the throat hit was insane, and the buzz made me want to puke. So I chalked it up to MBV having quality control issues. Example #2 I have a B&M shop by my house that I frequent and they mix their own juice. I have vaped their juices a multitude of times with and without nic, I dont even notice any throat hit on their stuff. This week I went in and got some juice from them. The 2 flavors I got in 3mg, again were unvapable, everything else was fine. Example #3 I purchased a bottle of Ruthless juice at another B&M in town because it was supposed to be really high end ($22 for 10ml) and I really liked the sample I tried. Again 3mg super throat hit. I vaped it because it was so expensive, but the only way I could vape it was super low wattage and AFC wide open, almost zero clouds. In comparison I got a bottle of vapewild fruithoops 3mg around the same time and it was my ADV for a couple of days until the 20 ml bottle was gone.

I do have to mention, I did indeed steep the problem liquids adequately just to insure that was not the problem. On the contrary when I first started vaping I didn't even know what steeping was and just took juice right out of the vapemailbox and dripped it. I have also taken into account the type of build or even the atomizer I use. I have vaped some of the juices in the same exact atty to test it. The conclusion is "its the juice". I have also considered that it might have just been human error (someone mix too much nic in my juice by mistake) But I dont see that being a factor that often, even on the same order, same day, same order different days.

What do you guys think? Do I have some hyper sensitivity to nic? I know most of these manufacturers use huge bottles of nicotine, could it be that the nic is more potent when its a fresh bottle? I am definitely confused.

Sorry such a lengthy post

First off, I spent nearly my entire life in Miami. Second, you could not have described my situation any better than if I wrote it myself. I have been vaping for about a year. I never smoked cigarettes, but I was smoking 6 to 8 $10 cigars a week. Do the math, it gets expensive. I have many different flavors and brands of juice 0mg nic, and never had a problem. Then a vendor accidentally sent me a juice that had 3mg of nic in it. Well I thought how bad can 3mg be. After coughing my head off, the juice went in the trash. As far as nic goes I have never inhaled it until I started on my hookah. Lots of people are helping me, but they all say "heat management". Do you think it's possible that my body will not tolerate nic? I have followed peoples suggestion on heat management to the letter. Still coughing. 

Underpacked a bit, too much heat for such a small bowl to start with and your coals aren't ashed over all around. You can't have black coals on your pipe!

Try a bit more tobacco (flush with the edge of the bowl and sprinkled in lightly is my go to for wet tobaccos), make sure you light your coals all the way around and well too. Then start off with 2 coals, add a third when needed. Also when you're applying the foil, make sure you've got it very tight.

OK sounds good. One thing I have done that I wasn't before, is I'm using two sheets of foil. Seems to work better. I packed that bowl like that because so many people told me "don't let it touch the foil" But since then i have adjusted my packing method.

W.C. Fields said "I spent most of my money on women and booze...the rest I wasted".

Too much heat will burn your tobacco, touching the foil or not. What you need is to put coals out on the edges of the bowl when you're starting and just slowly increase heat, move them in when you need to and add a third when it comes to it. Trial and error is the way to learn, but do try to keep your tobacco flush with the bowl!

I suspect you might say, "what is he thinking, another gadget". Anyone who knows me knows I love new gadgets. Well I got hold of an "Apple on top" bowl. I was skeptical, but I am on my third bowl. Easy heat management, and great smoke. IMO works great. 

I'll never say "another gadget" if it works for you! I don't really use many non traditional hookah accessories but if it works it works, there's no denying that! Good to hear you got a good session going :)

Yeah. I have no intention of abandoning my other bowls. Like you I do like the traditional part of hookah. It was just something for my collection. I would like one of those "Crown" glass bowls. A tad expensive.

Now that I have my big sturdy KM hookah, which i Love, I would like one that I can sit on my desk next to my computer. Maybe 18 to 20 inches high. Any thoughts?

MYA QT, or bambino maybe. Those have been the most popular with folks around here in the small pipes category. I never owned one but I think there's some reviews in the reviews section, give it a look and see for yourself if you like them!

In the small hookah department, I can vouch for the Mya QT and the Mya Petite. I owned both and they were awesome. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, this announcement has been endorsed by coleman