Hello world

Awabi

Hello fellow members of the hookah forum

I am from the Singapore, and got to know this forum recently.

I've smoked shisha quite a few times in bars, and have just purchased my first hookah. Anyways, the shisha regulations in my country are pretty strict, and they recently passed a bill to ban all shisha tobacco imports and sale, so finding suMFlies over here is tough. 

I've been trying to source for hookah coals offline but to no avail, thats when I come across this. As far as I know hookah coals are made from coconut husk, and this briquette is made from coconut shell, so I'm guessing if cut to the aMFropriate size, it can be used as a substitute for hookah coals? Please enlighten me on this issue, thanks!

Welcome to the forum Awabi, happy to have you with us :)

As for your question, hookah coals are indeed often coconut shell charcoal shaped into an appropriate (usually cube) shape, so this could very well work out for you.

I recommend you give it a go and make a thread about it in the general discussion subforum, make it a bit of an experiment maybe. I do recommend not buying 3kg right off the bat, maybe get a smaller amount to try first.

Welcome!

As bawhee said, It could work out well for you, and you won't really know without trying. In the past I have heard of people having terrible experiences with coals made for bbq, but, you honestly won't know until you try it yourself. 

Definitely get a small amount to try out if you can,