Israel

What are y'all's thoughts on Israel? 

My personal opinion is, now that we've given them billions of dollars in aid for so many years, they're pretty well off over there to defend themselves against the other countries. I feel like the only reason we keep close ties with them is so we have more power in that region. When reality is, they don't really need us anymore. We need them more than they need us, for political reasons. It's really sad, actually. Meanwhile, we're letting our economy here crumble, and China is dominating us. All in the name of money. Rome fell, and sometimes I wonder if we're not close in falling as well. 

Bunch of kids who can't play nice with each other and share their toys. It's mine, no it's mine, not it's mine, no it's mine. OK, how about this, it's no ones. Bulldoze and pave the whole works and then paint a giant picture of every religious figure ever engaged in an full-on gangbang orgy with each other. They'll see it from space. It will be glorious.

• Upvote 1

Bunch of kids who can't play nice with each other and share their toys. It's mine, no it's mine, not it's mine, no it's mine. OK, how about this, it's no ones. Bulldoze and pave the whole works and then paint a giant picture of every religious figure ever engaged in an full-on gangbang orgy with each other. They'll see it from space. It will be glorious.

Haha this would be awesome. 

This touchpad really skyrocketed in attention lately. The only issue is all the news outlets I see aren't telling the full story. The biggest thing lately has been Netanyahu claiming Iran is close to building a nuke. Now let's for one moment ignore the fact that Israel's arsenal is somewhere between 200-300 and let's not even try to figure out the United States arsenal, but let's just look at the fact that Netanyahu has been saying this for at least 10 years now. But I also have issue with the claim that Israel has historical rights to the land as the canaanites, who the palestinian people descend from, predate Israel living in that land. But personally two party solution both of them need to play nice and Israel needs to stop trying to expand. Or better yet bring them to the U.S. give them some U.S. land and see if they try to continue to expand. My guess is they wouldn't even try. 

• 7 months later...

My biggest thing on the whole Israel thing: they are committing genocide of the Palestinian people. The people toss a grenade, they bomb the hell out of them for a week. It's back and forth nonsense. Only now is the UN recognizing this conflict as violations of Geneva Convention.

it'ss a piss in contest (not to downsize it at all, just keeping it brief) and Israel has the west backing them with big weapons and money while the natives basically have rocks. 

This also, mind you, is coming from a person who thinks the U.S. should be non-intervening in other countries' affairs and should focus on our problems back home.

5 hours ago, r1v3th3ad said:

My biggest thing on the whole Israel thing: they are committing genocide of the Palestinian people. The people toss a grenade, they bomb the hell out of them for a week. It's back and forth nonsense. Only now is the UN recognizing this conflict as violations of Geneva Convention.

it'ss a piss in contest (not to downsize it at all, just keeping it brief) and Israel has the west backing them with big weapons and money while the natives basically have rocks. 

This also, mind you, is coming from a person who thinks the U.S. should be non-intervening in other countries' affairs and should focus on our problems back home.

I totally agree- the way the Palestinians are being treated is horrible. We gave Israel their own state, so let's give Palestine theirs and call it a day.

The issue with peace here is this, Netanyahu. He needs to go, as his whole platform is making israel and palestine in to one large israeli state. I do support a two state solution the issue here is the Israeli people are completely destroying palestinians, the palestinians are trapped on all fronts from leaving and day by day their borders are getting smaller. The palestinians are fighting back against a state that gets millions if not billions annually not only in money but weaponry from the US, with sticks, stones and a terrorist group that is negatively effecting them. The way I look at Hamas is like gangs in the early 70's and 80's they were formed to protect people from brutality but now are being painted in a negative light and thus are acting that way as well. my biggest thing though is the idea of israel having claim to the land. I wont even touch on the biblical claim merely the claim that it was deemed as the land of the israelites. Most of the Israeli people living there are of helenistic, or european for those that dont know, descent. While the Palestinians are actual semites descended from some of the earliest inhabitants of that land.

• Upvote 1