Do you smoke hookah or vape more?   

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which answer suits you best?

• Hookah majority of time
    • About the same
    • More vape than hookah
    • I vape most of the time
    • I only vape

I'm just curious as to where everyone is at.  I still find myself enjoying hookah but not as often as I used to.  I used to smoke multiple times a day and enjoy it.  Now i smoke around once a week and vape more throughout the week.  I just don't have the time of day, or multiple people over to smoke with during the week, but the occasions  I smoke on weekends either solo or with friends, I'm enjoying so much more than I used to.  I'm really getting into vaping with building my own coils, but I never see myself quiting hookah. 

I vape exclusively right now, because I sold all my hookahs due to my newborn son, and because I needed $700 for a dog we rescued for her heartworm treatment. When my son gets older and I get more time for myself, I'll likely pick up another hookah, as I do miss it. If there were some decent lounges around here, I'd hit them up, but unfortunately there are not. Well, I did hear that Memphis has a lounge that serves Tangiers now IIRC, so I may have to check that out next time I'm down that way...

I only vape at work, but it's not like chain vaping. I rip on it for 30 min to an hour at most in a day. At home, my pipe is going for 2-4 hours every night. On weekends I never vape.

Vaping only for me.  Only because I haven't the energy nor desire to clean up afterwards for hookah.  I really do miss it though.  When I have the time and motivation, I think I'll throw a hookah night with my co-workers.

• 2 weeks later...

Strange that there is no option for only Hookah.

I must have missed that one. .. whoops. Can a mod add that one to it? 

Edited by ryno

• Bawhee featured and unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

I only vape when my friend or gf is over (vapers), and then only 1 or 2 hits total. 

I barely smoke nargile anymore, but that's because this winter was like Narnia before Aslan. It's finally getting nice out, so I'm anticipating weekly smoking on my patio/roof now.

• 3 weeks later...

I had just gotten in to vaping recently and it was really cool, now it's not so interesting and I rarely vape. Personally I want to go back to smoking hookah but the price point is why holds me back as work is slow and.money is tight. But once things get better I will definitely be getting back in to it

been vape all winter, sucks, bored of it, been traveling and it works much better for that,,,but I'm currently spending the next few nights in Las Vegas and going to get me some hookah lounge action going, have not smoked hookah in like 5 months

If i am at home, I hookah. If I am out and about I vape. I still find hookah to be quite enjoyable and I try to make time for it every day.

I enjoy making time, i enjoy the practice and technique of loading the bowl, and lighting the coals and so on. It has taught me patience, and hookah always fosters good conversation

• Upvote 1

A lot of people don't understand that, like my friends who have gotten into vaping more lately. It's just a totally different experience for me.

​I agree, vaping is a different beast. It's unfair to compare the two as if they were the same thing. Both give similar results, but by different means.

I enjoy making time, i enjoy the practice and technique of loading the bowl, and lighting the coals and so on. It has taught me patience, and hookah always fosters good conversation

​Wait til you have kids. I ain't got time for shit these days! :lol:

I think they both have their place, but vaping, even when it's REALLY on point, just doesn't come close to hookah for me. Sure, I can get big clouds and flavour, but they don't feel the same to me. Plus, the entire experience of vaping is like throw-away, I don't even put any merit on the actual process or experience of vaping, whereas with hookah it's a nice tradition/process for me that I enjoy almost as much as smoking.

• Upvote 1

I enjoy making time, i enjoy the practice and techn

ique of loading the bowl, and lighting the coals and so on. It has taught me patience, and hookah always fosters good conversation

​I think that is probably a long ways off for me brother. 

I enjoy making time, i enjoy the practice and techn

ique of loading the bowl, and lighting the coals and so on. It has taught me patience, and hookah always fosters good conversation

​I think that is probably a long ways off for me brother. 

​Take your time... it's definitely a life-changer, but I wouldn't change it for the world!

Oh yeah. I know I am not mentally ready for a child, or financially stable enough. Hell I have a hard time keeping up with school and my fish tank! Speaking of school, that is where I vape most often, but lately I have noticed people bringing hookahs to school as well.

• 1 month later...

About to start vaping, my good friend sells them.  I should be getting the hardware this Thursday, woohoo.