Please Report Any Bugs/Issues!

Since we just updated, please understand that we have some kinks to work out. Adrock is working hard on it. In the mean time, please report any bug or issues you're having, so we can resolve them in a timely manner.

Thanks,

Chris

• Chreees pinned and featured this topic

This one is only a bug for moderators/admins, but scroll down to Georgia in this link:

http://www.hookahforum.com/forums/forum/51-hookah-lounges-and-shops-reviews/

-1 next to it where it says it has an item queued, and when you open it, nothing there. Not sure what happened there.

​Huh, that's odd. I wonder if that won't just fix itself once everything is done being updated (yes it's not all done yet).

Very possible, but it's tough to say. I'm just going to keep going through the mod que and sorting out what needs sorting out.

​Well don't work too hard- I'm looking at the admin panel right now and there's still a lot of processes that need to complete. Re-indexing topics, re-indexing images, etc....

I'm pretty sure every single person who has an email registered to an account on this site got a flood of emails hahah. It defaulted notification settings to send an email for everything. A lot of it had to do with going through the mod que, whenever an old post was approved for someone that you follow, you got a notification. The easy fix is to unfollow everyone.

I'm pretty sure every single person who has an email registered to an account on this site got a flood of emails hahah. It defaulted notification settings to send an email for everything. A lot of it had to do with going through the mod que, whenever an old post was approved for someone that you follow, you got a notification. The easy fix is to unfollow everyone.

​Yeah, I think it happened to everyone, lol. Honestly, I'm surprised we don't have more members online right now because of it.

First, go here:

http://www.hookahforum.com/notifications/options/

Pretty straightforward, just deselect everything that doesn't interest you.

Then, go here:

http://www.hookahforum.com/followed/?type=core_member&change_section=1

And ​stop following everyone.

With the way the new IPB works, following people actually means following them and getting notifications when they post stuff. With all the stuff that was backlogged in the mod que, it was treating every single approved post as a new post, and giving notifications based on those. Once the mod que is completely sorted out, it will no longer be an issue, but there are still around 1300 posts in the main hookah discussion forum that need to be moderated.

Those posts that need to be moderated include pretty much everything, from pretty much everyone. If the post was hidden? Mod que. Contained questionable words? Mod que. Deleted user? Mod que. Reported content (even if it wasn't an issue)? Mod que. And there are tons and tons of topics and posts that were in there seemingly just because nobody ever approved them. Hell, even the stickied Forum Rules posts that Mush made were in the mod que. I personally spent 5 hours today going through it. I was hoping to get it all completely done today, but I got burned out. It will be done by the end of the week, whether it is me or another mod doing it.

In the future, because this platform is much better than the old IPB, we will be able to easily moderate stuff and completely avoid problems like these. It's going to be a bumpy week or two as everything gets sorted out and we update the site with the necessary features to make it like it was in it's prime, but once it's up and running it should be smooth sailing.

• Upvote 1

Okay, new bug to report. When trying to add the Announcements block under System in the Block Manager, no matter what you set it to, it will always show all of the announcements. There are 5 current announcements, and I can't get it to show any less than those 5.

Mind screenshotting me what you're talking about? I'm a bit confused, trying to get a hang of the new layout... I found the Announcements, but not seeing this System and Block Manager you're talking about... unless you're somehow in the AdminCP??

HaMFy to say I'm no longer getting any malicious content warnings!

Also writing haMFy with a MF changes the MF into a MF, pretty sure that's not suMFosed to haMFen?

HAHAHAHA, so double "p" is a MF. In case anyone else was confused by that.

Edited by Bawhee
Whenever I write happy it changes pp into MF

HaMFy to say I'm no longer getting any malicious content warnings!

Also writing haMFy with a MF changes the MF into a MF, pretty sure that's not suMFosed to haMFen?

HAHAHAHA, so double "p" is a MF. In case anyone else was confused by that.

​It's the damn word filter... Let me check into it, lol.

Bug #1:

When I first load the site, all icon graphics appear as empty white boxes and stay that way as I navigate around the site.

Bug #1.5: 

When the icons are appearing as white boxes and I'm at the main forum page, clicking on "Mark Forum Read" and then confirming at the popup provides the following error:

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you requested does not exist

Error code: 1S160/2

Once I get that error, all icons appear properly (notification bell and inbox envelope icon no longer appear as boxes) and the Mark Forum Read button no longer provides the above error.

Edited by thehelios

I just upgraded the forum to the latest release candidate. I think it fixed the login issue.Hopefully other minor issues as well.

Back to my original bug report, it seems the missing icons are due to something not loading properly.  Whenever I navigate to this site, I'm always logged out and the icons are the white squares.  Several things are broken including clicking on advertisements. Clicking on an advert brings up the same error as I posted earlier.

This is only happening when I first go to www.hookahforum.com.  Once I navigate to any page, everything displays properly (I'm also showing as logged in) and there are no more buggy items available.  I've verified this behavior is consistent across browsers.

• 2 weeks later...

When I try to post a status update the text box automatically changes into a box saying "drag attachments here" or somthing of the sort as soon as I try to type. 

When I try to post a status update the text box automatically changes into a box saying "drag attachments here" or somthing of the sort as soon as I try to type. 

​Hm. It does that for me too, but if I give it a few seconds, the text box appears. Are you on mobile or what?