Battery Life

mjdx88

This should be a simple question,

How far should I go on a charge I have read a few topics and they seem to be everywhere.

Some say no lower than 3.7 others say 3.4.

Will I cause any damage to the battery going past 3.7? Or throwing it on the charger too often?

You use a variable device or mech? If you're using a mech you basically will suffer performance drop below 3.7, but there isn't much of an issue below that. As long as you are not completely draining your batteries, there isn't a real problem, longevity wise. Charging it often isn't a big deal either, as long as you have a good charger.

I am using a mech mod. It seems to me that about 3.8 is where it gets to be okay. The flavor is still good but I have to work for clouds. No big deal though since I care more about the flavor. This is also chain vaping like smoking hookah for 2-3 hours

I wasn't overly worried about the battery life, the Samsung batteries are only six bucks a pop. I wouldn't mind getting a few VTC5s though.

Thanks for the input. Good to know.

If you are on a Mech mod, you will know when the performance is slacking. It will basically tell you when you need to change batts. I kind of laugh every time I put I batteries back on the charger because they are almost always at about 3.6v or so.

On most VV/VW mods there is a low batt cut off that will let you know when to recharge depending on the Voltage you are vaping. I have had batts come off of the IPV3 with 3.3-3.4v never had an issue.

The one most important thing I cannot stress enough about batteries is to ALWAYS buy the best that your vape budget can afford. It is the one place it is not worth it to go cheap..

I just throw my batteries on my Nitecore i4 charger every night, as it will not overcharge them. Always a fresh battery every morning, and never a worry about them draining too low.

I agree with fcbayern- always go with legit batteries. I've had no issues with my Sony VTC4s and Samsung 25rs.

Thanks for the info guys!

Yeah I must have hit 3.6-3.5 last night because I was fighting to get anything at all. 

I cant complain with the Samsung 25rs. I only smoke in the evening while watching TV this is usually 1-3 hours with the .26 build you sent me and the Batteries last about 3 hours. Which is perfect.

So one battery lasts you about 3 hours of chain-vaping? I can use one battery throughout the whole day, but I don't chain-vape. I noticed power loss on my drive home, though. That's why I got my box mod- it has two batteries, so I have twice the battery life.

Cool. I have a Steel Punk Slug (clone) on the way, which is a single 18650 mech mod. I'm going to bring an extra battery with me when I first try it out, as I've been using my dual 18650 box for so long that I'm unsure if a single will last me the whole day anymore, lol.