Digestive Issues With Hookah

Anyone notice any sort of digestive issues since starting hookah? Including, but not limited to:

Heart burn/indigestion/GERD, excessive gas (belching, farting, bloating) 

Constipation

Diarrhea

IBS/Crohns/etc

Candidiasis (doubt many here have looked into this though)

I've done some research but I don't think all the research is out there right now, thus why I'm asking for community input. I have a feeling tobacco or nicotine can mess with the gut flora, causing many of the above issues. Some research suggest that it does mess with the beneficial bacteria, which creates worse symptoms in those with IBS but helps those with Ulcerative Colitis. Research also links parents who smoke to colic symptoms in babies (and I know some of you here have kids now, did your child have colic?????) This got me thinking about those of us without those "major issues" and that it may be causing slightly lesser symptoms that we pass off as "normal" (I put normal in quotes as some people think that if something is common, it is normal...it is not).

I'm interested in getting feedback on this and if anything has helped these symptoms (foods, supplements?).

I have never noticed any of these problems. At my high point I was smoking hookah everyday for 2-3 hours with no ill effects. Not even nicotine cravings during the day or  when I went a day or two without smoking hookah. 

I am very sensitive to many foods which cause heartburn.

To add to this, I do smoke cigars from time to time and once in a while a strong cigar/ bold will give me heart burn or upset my stomach.

I would get the hookah shits when I smoked, but that's about it. I still get them with vaping when I "chain vape," but that's just because nicotine is a laxative. It actually keeps me regular, believe it or not. Fuck Metamucil! :P

Smoked hookah for 5 years, my wife smoked with me occasionally... No colic with our 6-weeks old son. She did have a LOT of heartburn while she was pregnant, but that's because he came out with a head full of hair.

I have never noticed any of these problems. At my high point I was smoking hookah everyday for 2-3 hours with no ill effects. Not even nicotine cravings during the day or  when I went a day or two without smoking hookah. 

To add to this, I do smoke cigars from time to time and once in a while a strong cigar/ bold will give me heart burn or upset my stomach.

Did your sensitivity start before you started smoking hookah? Like, have you always had this issue since you were a kid? Or did it develop after you started smoking hookah (just like anything, it could have taken months to years to develop depending on your health prior to you starting and your health choices while you've been smoking)?

I would get the hookah shits when I smoked, but that's about it. I still get them with vaping when I "chain vape," but that's just because nicotine is a laxative. It actually keeps me regular, believe it or not. Fuck Metamucil! :P

Smoked hookah for 5 years, my wife smoked with me occasionally... No colic with our 6-weeks old son. She did have a LOT of heartburn while she was pregnant, but that's because he came out with a head full of hair.

So if you didn't smoke, you'd be constipated? That sounds like a digestive issue to me.

Nah, I just believe hookah/vaping puts me on a regular pooping schedule. Like right now, I shit every morning. I was never constipated before, just simply it was random when I would have to poop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did your sensitivity start before you started smoking hookah? Like, have you always had this issue since you were a kid? Or did it develop after you started smoking hookah (just like anything, it could have taken months to years to develop depending on your health prior to you starting and your health choices while you've been smoking)?

I had it way before I started smoking, its a genetic thing. I never really noticed it while smoking on a daily basis, but then again I had also lived with it for years.

Just remember y'all: Nicotine is a diarrhetic.  Hookah poops are a real thing!

I only ever gear head aches when dehydrated or hungry and the poops when hookah replaces my fiber intake.

I also got headaches...but that changed when I started fixing my digestion (mega doses of probiotics from supplements and homemade kefir).