Finally Getting My Own

So ive gone to hookah loundges and love it. Years now and i finally moved and could get my own. I have amazon prime so i thought itd be great to get one this week. I see to many fancy ones though just looking for tall basic 2 to 4 pipe. I go to 1001 arabian nights in connecticut. They have a tall big glass bowl bottom and stainless funnel. Sadly im not educated on alot of the terminology but that is what im looking for..something basic looking but i could enjoy for an hour or two doing my o's and have a thick smoke. Anyone lead me to both of where i could get these on amazon?

Feel a bit lost and dont want to waste money getting the wrong thing. Hopefully the experiences onces can help?

Also, keep in mind that thick smoke is something you'll get by learning to pack your bowl and manage your heat. The actual pipe itself is for the most part cosmetic, meaning that yes indeed there are some pipes that are better and will last forever with no problems etc. whilst others are cheap and will rust out and in general screw you. 

So name your budget to get recommendations here, sure. But the most important part is gonna be getting a feel for your pack and stuff once you have a pipe!

Id like to budget for roughly 100, i tried doing a basic mya for 60 15 vortex bigger dish and fusion pipes. But i felt uncertain if i was making the right call. If i have to ill go 200 but id like to aim for 100, mainly me and possibly 2 more people

There's a thread in the trdades section right now with a nice Mya for $50 but you probably can't see it right now due to your low post count.  You can get the rest of the parts cheaply.  What part of the country are you in?  There are some pretty good finds on Craigslist as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I would avoid eBay as a first timer, since you really don't know what to avoid. MYA or a used KM are probably going to be your best bets. I've personally never used it, but if you're looking for used stuff, check http://www.reddit.com/r/hookahtrade as well. You could post a want ad on there, maybe get some offers.

One I would recommend staying away from 2-4 hose hookahs. I have never come arcoss one that hit well, and since only one person can take a hit at a time why bother. You can always use tips and pass the hose. Dont recommend drunk hookah...I have had too many friends knock the hookah over, using single and multi hose setups.

I have used Hookah Shisha in the past, they have good customer service. Also a HF discount code. Just stay away from the there shisha romman I think its call.

My first two hookahs were egyptians from them, the largest one and the mid sized one. Both only lasted about a year so I would recommmend sticking with the KM or Mya.

Factor a nammor hose in as well, one of the best hoses I have ever owned.

Dont bother with a vortex bowl, get a few egyptian bows or mya bowls depending on the hookah. At HS they used to have chipped bowls at a discount if you dont care about the looks these are great. I have more than a few, with no issues! I saw in the trades that there is someone with a few phunnels mini and small for sale, these would be a great addition as well. I used my mini phunnel 95% of the time with a tea light mod/ Scali mod unless I am smoking tang.

I would recommend if you are just starting with AF shisha, good price and flavor not a lot of prep work involved. Its very very hard to pack a bad bowl with it. Everything else seems very over priced, Fant and Starbuzz are a good treat but I could never justify the cost over the flavor.

Also dont forget to factor coals and a portable coil burner. My favorite has been coconara I have been using them since they came out and I have had the best luck with them. The coil burner is required for any  natural coals dont use your own stove. I runined one of my burners doing this, spend the 10-15 bucks.

You will find that owning your own is more rewarding and cheaper! And compared to most hookah bars you will have a better smoke, unless you are going to place that really knows what they are doing.

• Upvote 1