Changing Setups

fcbayern

So as you guys know I got my plume Veil tossed a quick setup in it and became hooked on vaping. My first ever setup 6 wraps of .26 Kanthal on a 1/8 drill bit, dual coil setup ran at .45 ohms. It smoked really nice excellent clouds and flavor.

I decided to rip that build out after about a week, and I built a 5 wrap on a small bit also dual coil that ran .33 Ohms. That setup hit a bit too harsh for me, not sure why that is or what I did, maybe just preference. But I am so glad I did this BECAUSE... just to experiment, I ripped one of those coils out! I am now running a single coil .66 Ohm setup. After a few airflow tweeks of the Plume Veil, I am loving this setup. Considerably better flavor with almost as much vapor production.

Now don't get me wrong, I am a cloud chasing fool, but this seems like a trade off I am willing to make.

I was wondering, "what is the opinion of the masses when it comes to single and dual coil setups?"

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Yep, personal preference. I've got all kinds of builds and I have had success with all of them. The thing is, no matter what you use, you can get it to give good clouds and flavour, it's just a matter of tweaking it. Build what you have to suit you. 

It's all about personal preference. I've been doing .35 builds lately, but want to start doing stuff closer to 1 ohm again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So over the weekend I did a build using some of my old 28g kanthal, and ended up with a .69 build. Wasn't satisfying at all. Ripped it out and went back to to a good ol' .33 build. :lol:

I prefer ~1.8 ohms (better battery life)

Lol, I don't think I can go that high anymore. .69 was just so meh compared to what I've been used to. :/ It sucks, because I was looking to start saving on juice and whatnot.

And this is why I like VW devices. Build whatever coil you want and it will vape good.

I get what you mean, but once you find your sweet spot, all you have to do with a mechanical device is replicate your build to whatever you built that you know you liked. I have no trouble using 26g kanthal to do a dual micro coil build to get it somewhere right around .35 ohms. So I guess either way works.