Ok So You Have My Interest

fcbayern

SO I have been lurking around and have decided to try my hand at Vaping (now that I see you can get monster clouds like hookah from vaping). I have never vaped before and am totally new to this. I would like to get some suggestions on what to build.

Being an old skool hookah smoker, I am only interested in vaping similar to hookah smoking. So I am not looking for a starter/ecig setup. 

I was considering building a Plume Veil dripper clone on a nice mechanical mod, I like the Panzer clone. I plan to build clones because this will be a starter/intro to vaping. I do however plan to spend my money on decent batteries/charger (i have heard this makes a difference). Still not sure what battery setup I like, some suggestions would be appreciated.

Finally and I think what boggles me most is the vast array of different juices available. I do not consider myself a smoker or addicted to nicotine. I can smoke hookah everyday or can go month without smoking. When I do smoke I usually smoke Tangiers OG with no issues related to nicotine buzz. What level nicotine, if any would you suggest for this build. I have heard drippers are usually not good for anything more than 6%. Should I probably try a 0%..

THANKS IN ADVANCE

PS.. I know there are probably a million vaping forums out there, I have been part of this forum for a long time and trust the opinions of the community immensely.

I can help... First off, check out my pinned thread called "how to vape like hookah." That goes over the basics. If you are willing to do your research and exercise caution with everything, I see no harm with jumping right into mechs and rebuildables. Right now I use a dual parallel 18650 MOSFET box mod and Vulcan dripping atomizer. Have a royal wire build of .17 ohms on it. I use cotton for wicking. Bigger clouds and more flavor than you'll ever achieve with hookah, IMO. Anyway, I'm here to answer any questions you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that I have a bit more time, I can address some of your questions in your post.

Clones are definitely fine to use. My Vulcan RDA is the first authentic I've owned, but that's only because my bro gave it to me, lol. Everything else I've owned has been a clone. As far as mechs go, I've owned the Nemesis and Stingray X for more, and TOBH Atty v2 and Mephisto for RDAs. Oh, and the Fogger v4 for an RTA, but I determined I was a dripper, and not into tank-type systems. All these were good for me, nothing wrong with them. I've just gotten bored and so want to switch things up every once in a while. Anyway, Plume Veil and Panzer would be an excellent setup for you.

As for batteries, I recommend Sony VTC4 or VTC5, but they can get pricey due to supposed shortages. Samsung 25r is also an excellent choice. I've used VTC4 up until I got my box mod. Now I use a pair of 25r. Both great batteries.

As for a charger, go with the Nitecore i4. Charges up to four 18350, 18500, or 18650 size batteries. It doesn't overcharge your batteries, and it also has indicators telling you how much it's charged so far. Pretty cool. I think they also make a model with digital readout telling you all the same stuff.

As for juice, I recommend a higher VG ratio, either Max VG or 80%VG/20%PG. You want to keep a bit of PG in the mix cause the nicotine is based in PG. As for nicotine level, I vape 3mg and it's perfect. 0mg just had an emptiness to it, and 6mg in most brands is just too much throat hit for me. I mainly buy my juice from MtBakerVapor.com, but I'm sure you'll find your own favorite. I order their juice in 3mg nicotine, Max VG, and 3 extra flavor shots. Hawk Sauce, Thug Juice, and Irish Cream are my top 3 from them. Always in the stash.

Anyway, I pretty much order all my stuff off eBay, from reputable sellers with 100% feedback. You'll want to make sure you pick out a mod, an atomizer (with drip tip, some don't include it), kanthal wire (I use 26g from Temco, I ordered 100' of it), cotton (I used the rolled cotton from CVS), ohm reader (I have the eLeaf one for $10), and some pliers, tweezers, scissors, etc. I have kanthal and cotton to last me years, I just have to buy juice at this point.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for the input... Your posted sparked another question. I originally wanted to build a TOBH Atty. I saw a few reviews for the original that were excellent, even saying it was a cloud chasers dream. But after seeing some reviews for the clone, i was second guessing. ONe review I saw said that the clone had 50% of the performance of the OG. I see you have a clone, what are your thoughts?

Also when it comes to clones, I notice there are a few different company name on them. For example I have seen the TOBH atty by EHpro,Infinite, and Tobeco Is this a factor or are all cones about the same?