2 Hose Hookahs

Hi. Thank you very much I for all of the info that you guys are giving me here.
I wanna know if a hookah with 2 hoses is worse or better than one.
One more thing, what is the most ideal hookah for four guys chilling together

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 Hose hookahs are generally fine as long as the extra port isn't poorly added on.  I don't know about best natural coals but you should light them on a coil stove top for best results.  I made a little foil dome to put over my stove to get the coals hotter much more quickly.

I personally am not a fan of multi hose hookahs. Call me old skool or traditional if you will. Here are the problems I see. Firstly, even with a multi hose, only one person should be hitting the hookah at any given time. This ensures that one person gets enough airflow/smoke. Secondly, the design of multi hose hookahs is a problem. There are 2 main designs, open and check valve. The open design is just that, completely open, this mean whoever you are smoking with has to put their finger over the mouthpiece to seal it off anytime they are not smoking. Just a hassle. With the check valve design it automatically seals itself when not in use. The problem with the check valves are #1 they are restrictive for the most part and #2 They have a tendency to get dirty, gum up and get stuck. I know a lot of people who have actually taken their check valve hookahs and drilled out the check valves and made them open.

So unless there is some new design I am unaware of, IMHO stay away from multi hose.

Best thing for 4 guys is 2 hookahs and a long hose. :)

Egytpian/traditional 2 hose hookahs don't usually come with check valves on the 2 hose versions. Just 2 open ports. This means that if 1 person is smoking you have to cork up the other port. If 2 people are smoking who ever isn't hitting has to block the end of their hose with their thumb so air is not sucked back through the hose instead of through the head when the other person is hitting. Not usually a problem with experienced smokers as it tends to come naturally after a while. I've seen people smoking a one hose hookah who just automatically thumb the hose when not hitting (myself included.)

As mentioned, there are some modern hookahs, Mya Saray for instance, that have screw in additional hose ports with autoseal ball valves. These allow for when 1 person is smoking the other port doesn't have to be blocked because th check ball is sucked down and blocks the port. If 2 people are smokign whoever is on the Master hose, without the valves, still has to thumb their hose. Don't put 2 autoseal hose ports as the only ports on a hookah as this does not allow either smoker to blow into the hookah to clear the vase if you get bad smoke. I havent found with the Mya's that there is a noticable restriction to the air flow and since there is just a screw holding the ball in place you can always remove the ball if you dont like the draw and make it 2 open ports.

That being said my first hookah was a Syrian 4 port with one open master port and 3 of the smallest, most restricted autosealing ports I have ever seen. I ended up drilling one of the othe rports out and use the 2 in tact ports as a duel purge valve.

my .02

Price range? Size range? Simple or fancy? Starter hookah or soemthing a little more durable?

Accessories are simple. Brush set. wind cover. coal carrier. good set of tongs. burner for natural coals.

Washable hoses? You mean all plastic never rust but cost 25-30 bucks or washable as in you can wash it a few times before it rusts but costs around $10?

• 1 year later...