Welp, I Advanced To Box Mods!

Chreees

I sold my Stingray X and Mephisto on reddit, and just ordered this guy:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=281482893327

My bro visited yesterday and I fell in love with his box mod, so I just had to have one for myself. With the kid almost here, only way I could justify getting it was by selling my current rig. So I will be vapeless while I await my new purchase in the mail. I think it'll be worth it though! Anyway, this box is pretty much exactly like my bro's. He gave me a Vulcan dripper with a chuff enuff drop top that I'll be using on the box mod when it arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're such a fiend, Chris. Hahah. That's a pretty sweet looking unit, and a nice changeup from a standard mech mod tube. Personally, I'm too big a fan of the VW devices at this point to give that up, but if I did go full mech again, this is how I would go.

Lol, yeah, I was honestly getting bored of the Stingray X. Always nice to change things up a bit and do something new every once in a while. What's cool about the box mods is I can further customize parts in it, if I so wish. The eBay seller has been extremely helpful with my questions. Hell, he's even going to try and do mine with a red button! Let's see if it happens. Said they'll be shipping out end of next week. Can't wait.

As far as VW versus mechanic, I've become a fan of mechanic. I dunno why, I guess it's just simpler. Then again, I only really used the MVP 2, and not some of the others such as the Hana. Less settings to fuck with, it just works.

Now I won't have as much trouble finding a spot to hold my mod when riding in someone else's car! (I have a little thing in my car that holds a tube mech mod and a bottle of juice perfectly, so now I'll have to find a spot to keep my juice since the box mod will take up the entire space, haha)

i recently started working with a modder here in Colorado and we came out with this polished box mod. The switch is rated at 150 amps! It's a dual 26650 box. I have 2 awt's in it that are 35amp continuous in it and it's wired in parallel so it is safe to 70 amps continuous which is a .06, I rocked it in a cloud comp and wiped the floor with it. I blew a full 13 foot cloud. I wasn't a huge box mod guy but I love this thing!

10689791_10152417982237547_7445523508008

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after waiting over 2 weeks for the pre-order, the eBay seller refunded me out of the blue, saying their builder left them. I was pretty livid, until I did a quick eBay search to find a different box mod (I'm using a fuckin' ego here, folks), and found this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321585729871?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Only $15 more, and it has a MOSFET. Also a better box, from what they say (supposedly Hammond boxes are not completely smooth). Plus, I like the hidden magnets better, and it looks to be a higher quality build overall than the first mod I ordered.

What's funny is that I had JUST watched a youtube video where a guy was reviewing a box mod made by his friend "Alex Jenkins." I didn't even realize the seller's name until after I had ordered it, lol. Apparently he runs Mine Modz APV, and seem to get very good feedback on their mods.

Anyway, I got the shipping confirmation literally 3 minutes after I placed my order, and I should have it by the weekend. I actually messaged the seller of the cancelled mod and told them thanks, since I ended up getting a better mod for not much more in the end. :lol:

TL;DR: Get one of these if you're looking for an affordable dual 18650 box mod.

As far as I can tell, the only reason for the MOSFET chip is so you can use the tiny switch, as it doesn't seem to play any part in switching or regulation other than to allow the use of a small switch that normally couldn't handle the power. If you're looking to save money and want something simple like that, you don't need the MOSFET.

From what I read, you're right. For an extra $15, I get the safety and peace of mind of being able to use any switch, plus it just seems safer to have anyway. Right now, the box mod I just ordered is STILL the cheapest I can find. I originally went with the other one that didn't have a MOSFET simply because it was the cheapest. Win win all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk