Well...i'll Be Sticking To Hookah Thank You.

While I've been seeing a lot of people making the jump to vaping, and I myself have dabbled in it(shout out to Chreees for the awesome deal he gave me on the MVP2) I have concluded that I'll be sticking to hookah. I've always said I love hookah for the social aspect it seems to convey, a group can have a discussion and even disagree, but with that hose being passed around, even disagreements stay respectful of other parties. What cemented my decision my appearance on my buddies podcast last week.  He has come over to my place and hookahed with me before, so he asked me if I would be willing to bring one of my pipes with. So I did, even brought the coil burner for lighting the Nats. We smoked while recording the podcast and had a great time. As soon as we ended the podcast, both of the guys who run the show(the DJ's?) said this was the best one they ever recorded and attributed it to hookah, that it grounded the recording and made it so casual. So while I won't be stopping vaping, I will not be stopping hookah. I will not be selling off my stuff. I'm blessed to be in a position where I can continue to enjoy both. 

And for anyone curious, I packed a bowl of melon blend for the show. 

I wish I had the time for hookah these days. That's the main reason I decided to go ahead and sell everything and just vape- it seems almost impossible to just set aside even one hour for hookah. Wife's pregnant, so if I'm not working, I'm running around doing shit nonstop, fixing things around the house, cleaning the house, etc. With vaping I can take a puff here and there when I get a chance- there's no setup or cleanup involved. It fits in with my now-busy lifestyle.

Wish I could have stuck with hookah, but life changes. Glad you're able to do and enjoy both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also plan to stick to hookah. I have found that I primarily use my vape while driving or at school, and hookah is my way to wind down after class while doing homework, in recent months it has become the one thing that I can coun on being constant each day. 

Also sticking to hookah here. I pretty much only vape if my bowl dies or i'm too lazy to pack another (more common reason). A huge contributing factor to this too, for me, is that if I vape consistantly for ten or twenty minutes, I get an INSANE headache that just won't go away. It usually lasts a few hours too. I can only have a few puffs here and there or this happens :(

Also hookah is still just better for me. It tastes better, the smoke is more rewarding.

I wish I had the time for hookah these days. That's the main reason I decided to go ahead and sell everything and just vape- it seems almost impossible to just set aside even one hour for hookah. Wife's pregnant, so if I'm not working, I'm running around doing shit nonstop, fixing things around the house, cleaning the house, etc. With vaping I can take a puff here and there when I get a chance- there's no setup or cleanup involved. It fits in with my now-busy lifestyle.

Wish I could have stuck with hookah, but life changes. Glad you're able to do and enjoy both.

What if 13 months later, you find out she is just trolling you.

• Upvote 1

:rofl:

sorry, totally forgot the original reason for the thread. to OP:

I agree with you; I've had some really good discussions, agreements, disagreements, philosophising over countless bowls. in the house, by the campfire, in a park, at lounges, wherever. it always makes a good experience better. but i think you really hit the nail on the head. the hookah has an ability to ground things and make them casual and serious without being stuffy. the narg (abbreviated form of nargile) was so central to this creation of quality atmosphere that i got setups for my buddies that lived out of town in college so that the lifestyle would be exported and proliferated. I even have some OG KM tri floating around somewhere in granada, spain because of this project that i undertook. it's ability to bring people together and dynamically change environments is really what astounds me and sets apart this funny looking aparatus from something more western and individual oriented as other forms of smoking.

I will be sticking with hookah as well. For me, it's just a part of my life. When I'm not doing it during certain activities, I feel a bit...naked? If i'm watching a movie or gaming, I'm smoking. Been that way for a little under a decade. It's almost impossible to vape while gaming, so it's out there. Watching movies I can do it, but even then, I'm like Nate; I just prefer hookah. It tastes better, it smokes better and I enjoy it more.

I will continue to vape while I'm at work and occasionally while driving, maybe while travelling, but that's about it.

Lol, nah, she's definitely pregnant.

I'm trying to get back in to it myself. Thinking of placing an order for a new pipe a new Tangiers bowl and some Tangiers. Then order lots of Tangiers the next paycheck.

I'm trying to get back in to it myself. Thinking of placing an order for a new pipe a new Tangiers bowl and some Tangiers. Then order lots of Tangiers the next paycheck.

doo eeeet! :D Although.. you've "gotten back into it" soo many times over the years.. it's hard to really trust those words when you speak(type) them. :P

Sometimes you think you're gonna pull out, but it ends up being too good so you just stay in. Chris has further info on the matter.

:rofl:

this thread is epic

doo eeeet! :D Although.. you've "gotten back into it" soo many times over the years.. it's hard to really trust those words when you speak(type) them. :P
hey now I can't help it haha maybe when my family stops being so uptight

Sometimes you think you're gonna pull out, but it ends up being too good so you just stay in. Chris has further info on the matter.

Haha! You have no idea...

This may be TMI, but no condom and spilling the seed inside is definitely the most satisfying way to go.

hey now I can't help it haha maybe when my family stops being so tight 

• Upvote 1

I'm doing both. Hookah still is my passion, I'm just too poor. I just bought Cocos today for the first time in many months. I've been surviving on my old stock pile of silver japs and quicklights. I havent had my own package of tangiers in FOREVER, but occasionally get to smoke some of my friend's stash (a bowl a month at most I'd say). A shop by my cabin has 200g fantasia at $13(and a few cents) after tax so I occasionally have that, otherwise a shop near home has nakhla around $7 a 250.
But it has become too costly for me that I only occasionally pull one of my rigs out. I vape all the freaking time though, its cheap and yummy, and has kept me off of cigs since april 2013 (I was upto three packs a day and smoked roughly twelve years).

I barely scrape by, or trust me, my hookah would be roaring all the time.
I havent worked since January 31 2013 thanks to that auto accident the year before.
I'm fighting for social security, my MVA lawsuit got thrown out (bunch of fucking bullshit), and my back/hip health ain't getting better. I'm getting my fourth epidural the year in a few weeks. I do some light odd jobs for family and get $20 here and there, plus my pap always slips me a $20 (threatening to kick my ass if I dont take it) when I see him. I barely afford auto insurance and gas plus get some vape juice deals.
Believe me if it wasnt for all this I'd probably be garnishing a bowl of k-peach right this minute.

I probably will smoke hookah to the grave, its just gonna be scarce until I'm on my feet again.
I really would be fukt if it wasnt for vaping.

Love you guys :) <3

why Jess why?

I bought an eGo C-twist about 2 years ago and while I like it for long road trips, I just don't get the satisfying hits that I do with the hookah. If I could find a vape that gives me the same power bellowing clouds of a hookah with the feeling that a hookah does, I might switch, or at least use vapes more often, but until then, when I get home from work, I look forward to my orange mint waiting on me.

Dude, I love you. Hahahah.