Bad Taste From Hookah

I bought my hookah about a month ago and only used it 5 times and I've washed it out with baking soda and lemon juice to clean it. Well me and my friend fired it up today and we both thought it tasted and smelled nasty so I changed the shisha and it still tasted the same. I took it inside and washed it again and it still smelled funny. I got the smell out of the base but the steam and the Hose still smell. Any tips on how to get the smell and taste out of my hookah? Edited by DavidLud121

Seconding the hose thing. That is usually the most likely source of bad taste in a pipe. With the pipe dry and empty, no bowl or coals or anything on it, breathe in through the hose. It will probably taste funky. Now, take the hose off and put your mouth right on the hose port and breathe through that. Aside from a little metallic taste on your lips, if it doesn't taste funky, that's your answer. 9 times out of ten, if there is a taste issue, it's your hose.

If it is NOT your hose, i'm gonna need you to post some pictures of the pipe. It most likely won't be your bowl or your base. My guess, if it isn't the hose, is that your pipe has a common chamber (where the hose port and purge connect to the pipe, the area inside there is open, instead of two tubes going down into the base). If it's a common chamber, there is probably something nasty in there and you should probably not use the pipe.