Do you suffer from Hookah Cough?

Do you have smoker's cough?  

42 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, I cough daily.
    • Sometimes, it comes and goes but it doesn't bother me.
    • Sometimes, it comes and goes and it does bother me.
    • No.

*Tied the room together. :wink:

And I'd have to respectfully disagree with the whole, ciggarettes make you cough more, thing. The amount of tar in my lungs after a weekend of shisha far surpases a weekend of smoking cigs. Sometimes I'll have a mid-level cough for the next 3-4 days as my lungs ceaselessly try to clean out the peachy soot that tasted so good on the way in. Hookah is definitely not a victimless hobby.

[quote name='The Dude Abides']Let me get this straight... all of you regularly smoke hookah, yet NOBODY feels any negative physical side effects?  I'll put it down to either denial or miraculous luck.[/quote]

yep thats what I am saying. I have yet to see it affect my performance in the gym or the lacrosse field. I have been smoking for 4 years now, Hookah that is.

I have noticed that my boyfriend coughs a lot if we smoke a lot of hookah that weekend.. but I never get a cough.. So I guess it just depends on the way your lungs handle the smoke.

He also smoke Cigars and I rarely do, so maybe that has something to do with it?

[quote name='The Dude Abides']Hookah is great, don't get me wrong, but there is obvoiusly a less glamorous side to this hobby.  So lets be honest about this, do you find yourself coughing on a daily basis or hacking up goop in the morning when you get in the shower?  

Basically I'm just asking who suffers from chronic smoker's cough and/or bronchial problems.  If so, and you don't have to answer this if you don't want to: What are your symptoms? How often do you smoke? And whatcha plan on doing about it?  Smoke less, or hope for a lung transplant later in life?

For the record, I'm not trying to be a downer.  I'm just curious as my smoker's cough annoyed me to the point of cutting down my shisha-ing to 1-3 times per month.[/quote]

Grab that goop that you cough up and throw it in the bowl and smoke it....Don't waste it.Or if you can get ten friends fill the vase yummmy!!!! :oops: