Do you suffer from Hookah Cough?

Do you have smoker's cough?  

42 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, I cough daily.
    • Sometimes, it comes and goes but it doesn't bother me.
    • Sometimes, it comes and goes and it does bother me.
    • No.

Hookah is great, don't get me wrong, but there is obvoiusly a less glamorous side to this hobby. So lets be honest about this, do you find yourself coughing on a daily basis or hacking up goop in the morning when you get in the shower?

Basically I'm just asking who suffers from chronic smoker's cough and/or bronchial problems. If so, and you don't have to answer this if you don't want to: What are your symptoms? How often do you smoke? And whatcha plan on doing about it? Smoke less, or hope for a lung transplant later in life?

For the record, I'm not trying to be a downer. I'm just curious as my smoker's cough annoyed me to the point of cutting down my shisha-ing to 1-3 times per month.

I myself dont have a problem, Ive only been smoking hookah for about 3-4 months but Ive smoked since 7th grade :( , aside from my lung collapsing which i dont think was due to the smoking I havnt had any problems

I do smoke hookah a lot, but I've never had a smokers cough. I smoke hookah roughly 1-2 times per day, 7 days a week, so thats quite a bit.

My buddy from school smokes ciggs regularly, and has a horrible smokers cough. Sounds like he has constant phlem in his throat that he can never seem to get out. Its a major turnoff. I guess if I ever get to that point, I'm sure I'd cut down. But for now, no signs yet ^_^

Hmm, I get reaalllly annoyed by my occasional cough. But perhaps it's because I'm constantly in an office environment in which it isn't very cool to be the tuberculosis guy.

So far it looks like people are either lucky and not experiencing symptoms, or their love of hookah outweighs their cough. I'm a bit surprised.

i dont have that cough. lately i been smoking like 2 bowls 5-6 days a week. and i only cough when I the smoke is strong or randomly while smokin whatever but thats not too often.

I have had a cough all my life to nervous tick. I’ve smoked some normal and some odd things in my life that includes a twizzler *don’t ask*. Smoking has actually helped me slow it down quite a lot. Weird but true I always saw myself as backwards

I run 3 days a week, and work out, and I haven't had a problem.
However, hookah and the very rare other inhaled substance are the only things ive ever smoked, and only in this last year.

The one thing I have noticed, is a stuffy nose. I don't know if that's hookah-lung related or not.

[quote name='Calcartman']I run 3 days a week, and work out, and I haven't had a problem.
However, hookah and the very rare other inhaled substance are the only things ive ever smoked, and only in this last year.

The one thing I have noticed, is a stuffy nose. I don't know if that's hookah-lung related or not.[/quote]

It's funny you say this... As I have felt 'stuffy' for a while
now. I put it down to smoking fruit!

And, occasionally, during the day i suddenly get an inteste taste of shisha that appears to eminate from the nasal region!

JD

[quote name='EvansLight']ok so offtopic..... but am i the only one very distrubed by The Klown's avatar.... :X[/quote]

Yeah, I fucking hate clowns. That one is gonna give me nightmares.

[quote name='ioannisds'][quote name='EvansLight']ok so offtopic..... but am i the only one very distrubed by The Klown's avatar.... :X[/quote]

Yeah, I fucking hate clowns. That one is gonna give me nightmares.[/quote]

Too late, already had a clown nightmare last night... XD

Cant Cleep, Clowns Will Eat Me!!

No lung buttter here buddy.But when I here old ladies that smoke cough it makes my want to puke my stomach inside out!! :oops: They cough hit the cigarette then cough some more.What the hell is wrong with these prehistoric people.Put the cigarettes down mabel and get a new hobby like bingo,feeding the birds,or spackeling the wrinkles on your face because it looks like an old baseball mitt. Get it together!! Watching these people smoke kills me not them.And I know you know someone like this probally in your family So please help them when you see them smoking punch them in the face......it could save their life!!!!!!! :D

[quote name='EvansLight'][quote name='ioannisds'][quote name='EvansLight']ok so offtopic..... but am i the only one very distrubed by The Klown's avatar.... :X[/quote]

Yeah, I fucking hate clowns. That one is gonna give me nightmares.[/quote]

Too late, already had a clown nightmare last night... XD

Cant Cleep, Clowns Will Eat Me!![/quote]

clowns arnt that bad... i used to have not like them either then i watched killer clowns from outer space... now i just have this odd obsession with evil clowns... arnt we a little off topic now. >.>

[quote name='Yashman19']Common guys, how can hookah be possibly bad for us? We're smoking FRUIT for christ sake.......

/end sarcasm

^_^[/quote]

I was nasally raped by Strawberries last night. [b]THAT[/b] 's how it's bad for you LOL

/bad taste mode

JD