Recommended Mods

r1v3th3ad

So I ordered everything last week and it all arrived yesterday evening.  Slapped the mod together and wound a 2.2ohm single coil out of 32ga Kanthal that wound up being 3.0 ohms nominal at the 510 atomizer connection.  Wicked it with some q-tip cotton and it smokes perfectly!

So I ordered everything last week and it all arrived yesterday evening.  Slapped the mod together and wound a 2.2ohm single coil out of 32ga Kanthal that wound up being 3.0 ohms nominal at the 510 atomizer connection.  Wicked it with some q-tip cotton and it smokes perfectly!

Nice! Although q-tip cotton isn't what you should be using, it works in a pinch. Reason why is it may be bleached or contain hydrogen peroxide. Don't wanna vape that. Pick up some organic cotton, silica, or that Japanese crap everyone is raving about now. You should notice an improvement in performance and taste as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last night I made a dual 1 ohm setup, wicked it with pure handpicked Indian cotton and WOW.  The flavor is almost palpable in my mouth and the vapor production is on point!

I went ahead and ordered some of that Japanese cotton and a 28ga Kanthal spool from Ebay so I can experiment more.

• 2 weeks later...
well, I set off the guardian security system fire alarm the other day...first time that happened. using a 1.5 double coil on my Aerotank with innokin itaste vv. Cereal Killa 90/10 vg/pg in the rig. Dad was pissed lol
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
I'm reading up on 18650 batteries and again, this is all a foreign language to me. I see IMR is the safest choice. With sales and all can you help me find something reasonable? My gf's roommate has Amazon prime, so if theres a good deal there that would be great (my gf and them said they will probably get me some for xmas but dont know what to get)

see you were talking about Kashmir flavor

maybe this would be close https://www.luxurylites.com/index.php/paan-massala-e-juice.html

or better would be to get from india, one of these gotta be close

http://moratic.in/index.php?route=product/category&path=62_63

I also would like to get some kashmir flav

I want DM flavored juices

Pat- Get Samsung 25r batteries. What I'm using in my box mod and they're great. Cheaper than Sony VTC5s and VTC4s, too. I got mine from a guy off reddit (Lapine_Lupine is his username I believe) for $7 each. He's now selling them for $6.50, but said once they're gone they're gone for good; he's not ordering anymore. There's also a website you can purchase them from, IMRbatteries.com I think (not sure).

Justin- I had a DIY-Juicer on Reddit who was going to make me flavors that tasted like Static Starlight and Indian Summer. Said he got them in the mail to me, but I never got it. Then he just fell off the face of the earth. Shame. I was gonna see if he could do something Kashmir-like if those flavors panned out. I really need to get into making my own juice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna have to look into those. I was recommended the VTC5 and 4...a vape group I joined on Facebook recommended http://www.lighthound.com/IMR-Batteries_c_237.html

thoughts?

oh, I just did my first coil build...I kept calling the dripper a Vulcan but its a Trident. I built dual coil with both having 7 wraps (28 gage kanthel) and its reading at .6

Whats the trick to going above one? my kanger tech uses 1.6 and works on my innokin itaste vv, so I figured if I can build at around that then the rda will work on it (in meantime until I can get 18650s)

I'm gonna have to look into those. I was recommended the VTC5 and 4...a vape group I joined on Facebook recommended http://www.lighthound.com/IMR-Batteries_c_237.html

thoughts?

oh, I just did my first coil build...I kept calling the dripper a Vulcan but its a Trident. I built dual coil with both having 7 wraps (28 gage kanthel) and its reading at .6

Whats the trick to going above one? my kanger tech uses 1.6 and works on my innokin itaste vv, so I figured if I can build at around that then the rda will work on it (in meantime until I can get 18650s)

The Samsung 25r's are good for regulated devices but they are only 25 amps continuous so I wouldn't recommend them for a mech. imren makes a 38 amp 18650 that is a great battery.

25r have been working just great for me in my unregulated box mod. I couldn't in good conscience pay the premium price for VTC5s, so opted for two 25rs and I really like them. I'll have to look into these Imren 38A batts you speak of.

I don't know why I didn't catch Pat was trying to use 18650s in a VV device, lol. Maybe he has a mech mod and he's meaning to use the 18650s in those?

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry I wasnt clear and haven't been back in.
GF got me an early xmas present on black friday (and I hadn't the batteries for a bit after) of the Smok Magneto (my buddy looked it over and its gen 2).
I'm temp (with being poor) running two separate efests and then my third battery (got dirt cheap and is IMR/safe) is a button top.
I have a trident rda and (although I havent played with it yet) fogger rebuildable tank. Using 28 gauge kanthal.
I started out putsing on builds and my first two were 'meh'...last one was three coils at roughly .6 ohms, current build is roughly .5 ohms with 4 coils. Still perfecting...occasionally have a coil hitting somewhere it shouldn't (mid day) and just gotta do a readjustment and back to normal.

I was averaging 8-18 for nicotine, now I go 0-6 with this switch...actually had my first tangiers buzz about a week ago for the first time in probably five years.
my Innokin vv serves as my ohm check :)

this saves me more money yet!
I did the math...I quit cigs april 2013. I was often 3 packs a day prior to that...that was roughly $7000 a year for cigs alone. Now that I have the gear, vaping will prob run me at most $500 a year on juices.
My only income is occasional money from grandparents for helping them out (I try to refuse but am not allowed) and odd jobs for my sis when my back allows me, not to mention babysitting. Vaping has saved me on that battle with cigs I had for about 12 years prior. And its saved my wallet while I fight for SSI (Jan 31 is two year anniversary of me not being able to work due to my back).
Anesthesiologist said my lungs sound great as well as my PCP. ..this has saved my lungs.

Sorry, I'm off on a tangent since I'm awake (as always) in pain
/endrandommumblings

Sorry I wasnt clear and haven't been back in.
GF got me an early xmas present on black friday (and I hadn't the batteries for a bit after) of the Smok Magneto (my buddy looked it over and its gen 2).
I'm temp (with being poor) running two separate efests and then my third battery (got dirt cheap and is IMR/safe) is a button top.
I have a trident rda and (although I havent played with it yet) fogger rebuildable tank. Using 28 gauge kanthal.
I started out putsing on builds and my first two were 'meh'...last one was three coils at roughly .6 ohms, current build is roughly .5 ohms with 4 coils. Still perfecting...occasionally have a coil hitting somewhere it shouldn't (mid day) and just gotta do a readjustment and back to normal.

I was averaging 8-18 for nicotine, now I go 0-6 with this switch...actually had my first tangiers buzz about a week ago for the first time in probably five years.
my Innokin vv serves as my ohm check :)

this saves me more money yet!
I did the math...I quit cigs april 2013. I was often 3 packs a day prior to that...that was roughly $7000 a year for cigs alone. Now that I have the gear, vaping will prob run me at most $500 a year on juices.
My only income is occasional money from grandparents for helping them out (I try to refuse but am not allowed) and odd jobs for my sis when my back allows me, not to mention babysitting. Vaping has saved me on that battle with cigs I had for about 12 years prior. And its saved my wallet while I fight for SSI (Jan 31 is two year anniversary of me not being able to work due to my back).
Anesthesiologist said my lungs sound great as well as my PCP. ..this has saved my lungs.

Sorry, I'm off on a tangent since I'm awake (as always) in pain
/endrandommumblings

Man, hope you get to feeling better soon man. My brother is going into surgery for a hernia soon and he feels awful almost all the time. I can't even claim to know what that's like.

I'm happy you're getting off the death sticks. Anything that helps in that is always good. All the best my man.

• 4 years later...
  • 9 months later...