Glass Hookah Noob, Need Help

Well this is my first time posting on a forum so I'm a little nervous, I apologize in advanced for my bad grammar.

I've been smoking hookah for a few years, but unfortunately after a bad run with hookahs rusting out I stopped for about three years as I was unable to afford a new pipe ( the pipe was a Sahara smoke, but I've hear they recently fixed all rusting issues) but now I'm in the market for a beginners glass hookah.

I found two that I'm interested in but do to my lack of experience I'm having a hard time making a choice. The two pipes are the beast from roi ( http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-16008-roi-ufo-beast.html ) and the Lavoo mo1 jr ( http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-16416-Lavoo-hookah-mp1-jr-1hose-glass-hookah.html ). I want something that can output massive fuck off thunder clouds but won't brake my bank.

Any advice or personal experience with ether of the pipes would be welcome.

I would say both of the hookahs you selected are great choices and both smoke very well. Another one to consider would be the Pharaoh's Glacier and Pharaoh's Reactor hookahs. We actually just got these in. The main advantages to the Pharaoh's over the Lavoo would be the Egyptian design case and water filled stem which you can place in the refrigerator for cooled smoke. Here are some pictures of both hookahs. 

glacier_hose_green-800x800_zpsebcd2f5a.p

reactor_hose_dark_blue-800x800_zpse34c95

glacier_case_2-800x800_zps038a40df.png

• Upvote 1

I have no experience with glass so I can't chime in there, what I can chime in for is a nice brass with copper downstem hookah :) Haha, the tried and true and definitely won't rust on you!

• Upvote 1

I have no experience with glass so I can't chime in there, what I can chime in for is a nice brass with copper downstem hookah :) Haha, the tried and true and definitely won't rust on you!

Yup yup!
  • Upvote 1

Well this is my first time posting on a forum so I'm a little nervous, I apologize in advanced for my bad grammar.

I've been smoking hookah for a few years, but unfortunately after a bad run with hookahs rusting out I stopped for about three years as I was unable to afford a new pipe ( the pipe was a Sahara smoke, but I've hear they recently fixed all rusting issues) but now I'm in the market for a beginners glass hookah.

I found two that I'm interested in but do to my lack of experience I'm having a hard time making a choice. The two pipes are the beast from roi ( http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-16008-roi-ufo-beast.html ) and the Lavoo mo1 jr ( http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-16416-Lavoo-hookah-mp1-jr-1hose-glass-hookah.html ). I want something that can output massive fuck off thunder clouds but won't brake my bank.

Any advice or personal experience with ether of the pipes would be welcome.

I don't have either of those hookahs but I do mainly smoke out of a Roi Bubble.

it smokes really well but you've got to baby the hell out of it.  At least with the Bubble I do as the glass is pretty thin (comparing it to the thickness of a Crown bowl which feels heavy duty as hell).

You'll also probably want to get a Female-To-Male bowl converter as the bowl that comes with a Roi isn't that great and bowl selection for male/Syrian bowls is pretty sparse.

If you're trying to save money, then just get a quality, metal hookah.  I've had plenty of KM and Mya hookahs for several years and none of them have rusted yet.  Cheap hookahs will easily rust.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I would definitely say stick with the tried and true metal pipes. The reason you had issues in the past with your pipes corroding is that they were cheap metal.

Any brands you would suggest ?

KM, Farida, Magdy Zidan, Megahed, Elmas, Tokel, any kind of Syrian pipe. Shit even Shika. Lots can be found on 5starhookah. If you want a modern kind of style (like the ones you've been buying that have rusted) get a Mya, not the Econo line, but the regular. Made out of solid nickel-plated brass.

Yeah, I would definitely say stick with the tried and true metal pipes. The reason you had issues in the past with your pipes corroding is that they were cheap metal.

Any brands you would suggest ?

Why would you spend you money on a glass hookah when you can buy a quality brass solid one? I strongly recommend you a metal hookah. You can choose from a variety of pipes including KMs, Farida, Elmas, Al Fakher ( and other syrian pipes ). These are traditional, mostly hand-made hookahs. Are very solid, quite heavy and quality pipes and you can enjoy them for several years. However, if you want a modern looking pipe which is also qualitative, you can get a Mya, Nargilem or Kaya. The Nargilem and Kaya hookahs are made of stainless steel so they are premium quality hookahs. Those are also delivered with an authentic bohemian vase. 

I personally like the traditional ones ( i own 2 Al Fakher hookahs and soon a Farida cleopatra ). I also use a Phunnel bowl ( alien phunnel mini ), a nice, long, washable hose and natural coals. However, the decision is yours, Buy the hookah you love the most ! 

Edited by 89justalex

I would say both of the hookahs you selected are great choices and both smoke very well. Another one to consider would be the Pharaoh's Glacier and Pharaoh's Reactor hookahs. We actually just got these in. The main advantages to the Pharaoh's over the Lavoo would be the Egyptian design case and water filled stem which you can place in the refrigerator for cooled smoke. Here are some pictures of both hookahs. 

glacier_hose_green-800x800_zpsebcd2f5a.p
reactor_hose_dark_blue-800x800_zpse34c95
glacier_case_2-800x800_zps038a40df.png

Mind linking me I can't find the on your websight

Stick with metal, preferably one with a copper inside.

IMHO glass has ZERO benefits when compared to a metal rig.

Glass is something different.  Love my glass hookah.  It smokes as well as a KM but just need to be A LOT more careful with it.  This crap costs too much to drop.

Glass is something different.  Love my glass hookah.  It smokes as well as a KM but just need to be A LOT more careful with it.  This crap costs too much to drop.

You hold your glass hookah? :P

You hold your glass hookah? :P

Bro, you ain't cool until you hold your hookah while smoking it.

No Hose + Sucking directly from the hose port = success!

You guys remember those stupid portable hookahs that you set on your waist, like one of those coin dispenser things at the arcades back in the day? Oh man.

Like the Leila?  I think the one you're talking about is flask shaped, right?