Updated forum - discuss here

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='EvansLight']well while your at working on the forums, how bout the new sections weve been needing :D at least a reviews section and a general discussion for non hookah topics would rock!![/quote]
thats something you would need to bring up with adrock.

[quote name='danbopes'][quote name='EvansLight']well while your at working on the forums, how bout the new sections weve been needing :D at least a reviews section and a general discussion for non hookah topics would rock!![/quote]
thats something you would need to bring up with adrock.[/quote]

Any chance you could pass on the message? Just because weve been talking about it for ages but he never seems to be around.

"moderators are unable to edit profiles, only admins. As of the search I would need to make a mod for that."
Dan: very strange, because I AM or atleast WAS a moderator, and we were able to modify profiles, suspend and ban users and IP's because the Admin was never around and fimally appointed the 4 or 5 of us to keep things straight. Does this mean when we have spamming vendors and the like we're going to have to go back to asking Adrock for help? As it is now we're back to no real control and an absentee Admin. *sigh*

When you say you need to make a mod for that, you referring to a modification?

As for the review section: I set up 3 sticky topics for reviews of Tangiers, Nakhla, and Al Fakher, and got VERY little input to any of them, with that kind of show of support or willingness to show we need a review section, why bother?

[quote name='mushrat']"As for the review section: I set up 3 sticky topics for reviews of Tangiers, Nakhla, and Al Fakher, and got VERY little input to any of them, with that kind of show of support or willingness to show we need a review section, why bother?[/quote]

You only did so fairly recently and i think if you give people a little more time they will start adding more to it. At the very least i think there should be one subforum for reviews (one for all types of reviews)

Updating my profile is still busted (can't upload an avatar, set an email address, etc.) and I get an error every time.

I do however like the look of this forum over the old one. The old version of Mozilla from 2002 I use at work really crapped out on the old forum and I could barely read it.

[quote name='Buford']Updating my profile is still busted (can't upload an avatar, set an email address, etc.) and I get an error every time.

I do however like the look of this forum over the old one.  The old version of Mozilla from 2002 I use at work really crapped out on the old forum and I could barely read it.[/quote]
whats the error?

[quote name='danbopes'][quote name='Buford']Updating my profile is still busted (can't upload an avatar, set an email address, etc.) and I get an error every time.

I do however like the look of this forum over the old one.  The old version of Mozilla from 2002 I use at work really crapped out on the old forum and I could barely read it.[/quote]
whats the error?[/quote]
nevermind, I see it. The problem was because of permissions because we recently switched over to a linux server, so it should be working fine now.

nice job though daniel, i would have just bought IPB and let them convert it for free XD

but yea if you could contact adrock and just at least have him come over and look at what were asking for, then we would be much grateful :D

[quote name='EvansLight']nice job though daniel, i would have just bought IPB and let them convert it for free XD  

but yea if you could contact adrock and just at least have him come over and look at what were asking for, then we would be much grateful :D[/quote]
pm him

[quote name='mushrat']Dan: what have you done to preserve the banned ip's and banned users?[/quote]

he was talking about that last night, and aparently took care of it last night too. Dont know what hes done, but he did get them banned again :D

lol and aparently mr mushy is the grand pooba, not just the mod :P i do kinda miss the custom titles under the avatar, to go along with the forum rank. I liked my "keeper of the chat" one :P and nunu got a nunu one XD