Updated forum - discuss here

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='gumonshoe']i'm sure the features that we all know and love will be implemented into the forums soon. C'mon, whatever happened to supporting progress?[/quote]

Well said. Lets cool down and not jump to any conclusions. As you can see, many people wanted a change in forum layout, so the site admins answered. I can only imagine how dificult it is to make a forum that can please 100% of the people all of the time.

Let's take this slowly and see how things turn out. It takes a bit of time to adjust to a new layout, so let's see how this works for a bit, and we can let the admins know of anything that can improve in the future.

Once again, thanks for answering the calls for change admins. All your work is appreciated :)

great ... a couple more requests .... the thumbs up thumbs down in front of the topic posts....bring back the envelopes... differentiating the stickies that talk about constitution and such from the regular topics more clearly ... like a different frame for the constitution and rules and such and for the regular topics

[quote name='cityboyyy']great ... a couple more requests .... the thumbs up thumbs down in front of the topic posts....bring back the envelopes... differentiating the stickies that talk about constitution and such from the regular topics more clearly ... like a different frame for the constitution and rules and such and for the regular topics[/quote]
um, thumbs up and down are gone, phpBB has no features that would allow this, and for the posts that are important, we could make them an announcement.

damn u moded quick reply fast :P

but yea its good now. as i said i would still suggest starting some donations and getting IPB or vB, i wouldnt mind throwing in some money :D

also only other thing i can think of is of course as i said, a new design :D

[quote name='EvansLight']damn u moded quick reply fast :P  

but yea its good now. as i said i would still suggest starting some donations and getting IPB or vB, i wouldnt mind throwing in some money :D

also only other thing i can think of is of course as i said, a new design :D[/quote]
you would need to talk to adrock about the new design, but as far as IPB goes, id just say hold off until phpBB3 comes out. The features will be rougly about the same, and we can make some modded themes for phpBB3.

[quote name='cityboyyy']i wish i knew more about the features / previews of what the forum would look like with ipb and vb but to me it sounds like chinese[/quote]
[url="http://www.invisionpower.com/ip.dynamic/products/board/features.html"]http://www.invisionpower.com/ip.dynamic/pr...d/features.html[/url]

well i havent seen adrock on the whole time ive been a member. And i understand wanting to wait, but still i think ipb would be a better choice. Esepcially if u had done it before switching to phpbb2, since they would do free conversions :P

[quote name='Yashman19']Looks like everyones avatar has been reset to nothing, and we don't have the option to change it yet.

So since this is a big change, I'm guessing we just need to stay calm, be patient, and let the site admins work out any bugs (if there are some).

Edit: Oh god, can we shrink that signiture just a bit? Kills people with slower connections.[/quote]

sorry i was toyin with sigs so i chose another one. it was way too big and i dont know to resize it so i changed it.

[quote name='xpimpitox']sorry i was toyin with sigs so i chose another one. it was way too big and i dont know to resize it so i changed it.[/quote]

Oh no worries. I normally just use photoshop to resize my pics, just because its the only program I have that can do it, but I'm sure there are simpler/free tools on the net that can do it.

When I first noticed it, I thought you had simply posted a picture you liked. Then I realized it was your sig ^_^

I like it but I know it's gonna take a lil getting used to. Oh yah, I want your avatar, danbopes. Macs FTW. :)

Edit: Made myself an ava that fit me a lil better :) - by the way, admin, why the long absence? You seem to be 110% on top of things now though lol

[quote name='Anpu']I like it but I know it's gonna take a lil getting used to.  Oh yah, I want your avatar, danbopes.  Macs FTW. :)  

Edit: Made myself an ava that fit me a lil better :) - by the way, admin, why the long absence?  You seem to be 110% on top of things now though lol[/quote]
The avatar should be in the gallery, and there was no absence, I was hired to convert this forum a little over two weeks ago from now.

[quote name='danbopes'][quote name='Anpu']I like it but I know it's gonna take a lil getting used to.  Oh yah, I want your avatar, danbopes.  Macs FTW. :)  

Edit: Made myself an ava that fit me a lil better :) - by the way, admin, why the long absence?  You seem to be 110% on top of things now though lol[/quote]
The avatar should be in the gallery, and there was no absence, I was hired to convert this forum a little over two weeks ago from now.[/quote]

:twisted: you better be a hookah smoker! :P

EDIT: Think we will be getting any subforums such as tobacco, bowl, and pipe reviews? :P

Just when I was getting used to the OLD NEW forum....*sigh*

Ok, a few things as far as I can see. There should be a better way to search for users than having to go page by page though endless pages. A name search or atleast by letter would be very useful, especially for Mods.

I've also noticed I can't modify someone's profile. As a Mod this ability can be rather important.

As one of the few people who HASN'T been complaining about formats and programs and such, all I can ask is "Are we there yet???"

[quote name='mushrat']Just when I was getting used to the OLD NEW forum....*sigh*  

Ok, a few things as far as I can see. There should be a better way to search for users than having to go page by page though endless pages. A name search or atleast by letter would be very useful, especially for Mods.

I've also noticed I can't modify someone's profile. As a Mod this ability can be rather important.

As one of the few people who HASN'T been complaining about formats and programs and such, all I can ask is "Are we there yet???"[/quote]
moderators are unable to edit profiles, only admins. As of the search I would need to make a mod for that.