Thug Juice

Chreees

Does the menthol tone down after further steeping? I've been steeping it in my cabinet since I got it last Monday, but some hits the methol is pretty powerful. Then I'll get hits where it's perfect. Ty, I'm looking at you...

How are you steeping? Usually if its an overbearing flavor profile I'll leave it with the cap and dripper off it for at least 24 hours, then I put the cap back on and let it sit again for another 24 hours. 

I know that MBV uses alcohol based flavorings and they can be pretty potent out of the gate. I don't have a huge amount of experience with them but out of the dozen or so flavors I've gotten from them, they've always been very heavy when I get them. Not sure if it's actually due to the alcohol in the mix, or if it's just the fact that they make everything to order. 

Menthol is pretty strong, but it does tone down a bit over time (mines been steeping a month and each fill from it gets a bit mellower in terms of menthol, and stronger in everything else). That being said, I do 80/20 mix with 3 extra flavor shots, so your results may vary. 

This order I got my flavors Max VG with 2 extra flavor shots. I noticed with my last MBV orders they all got better the longer I steeped, so I was just curious if anyone had similar results with Thug Juice. Glad to know that it will likely tone down with the menthol the longer it goes. The menthol isn't bad, just a bit too strong for my liking. Like I said, those hits where it's more mellow, it's great. Thanks, Ty.

Travis- I squeezed each bottle about 30 times when I first got them, then just put them in a dark cabinet. Nothing else.

Not sure if anyone has read "I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell" or any of Tucker Max's books, but I totally thought you guys were talking about his drink "Thug Passion" with this thread.lol 

That being said, is steeping the vaping equivalent to acclimating?

Not sure if anyone has read "I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell" or any of Tucker Max's books, but I totally thought you guys were talking about his drink "Thug Passion" with this thread.lol 

That being said, is steeping the vaping equivalent to acclimating?

Yes, essentially. I've noticed that with some flavors none is required (mainly fruity ones), but some it takes a while before they really shine. I still haven't tried my Cinnamon Roll, because Cody said it didn't get really good for him until after about 3 weeks, IIRC.

• 2 weeks later...

I love thug juice, I never get it with any extra flavor shots though. I think the extra flavor shots are JUST menthol, in the menthol based flavors. Something maybe to ask Mt. Baker about. I know in my candy cane flavor, the extra flavor shots I get really only seem to add extra menthol to it, but I'm not certain.

If you contact Baker, let me know what they reply with. I'm curious myself...

I just got 2 extra flavor shots in all of my flavors in my recent order. All have TONS of flavor... The methol in the Thug Juice has definitely toned down a lot since I steeped it. Really satisfied with it, and will definitely order more. Staple flavor for sure!