Basic Pen

KnightHawk63

Hey all, haven't posted in a bit but I've been watching closely to all topics as of late. I recently grabbed a cheapie starter kit from Ebay (reputable seller) that is a CE4-eGo-T vape pen, came with a carrying case, instruction manual, liquid squeezer, and charger. Got two USA made flavors too (Mango and Gummy Bear) with no nicotine just to try, no money came out of pocket so it was a no-lose situation. I'm thoroughly enjoying it as the liquid came in yesterday and the mango is pretty good. My main reason for getting it was to try it out and see if I would like the hobby, which it turns out that I do. Knowing this I am going to be getting higher quality juices and naturally, a better set-up. Now this pen works pretty well, I'm not looking for a cloud machine or anything crazy, just a set-up with name-brand parts (so I know it isn't completely cheap and unreliable). My main question is: can I get all the parts a la cart? I'm not looking to spend $100 on a setup, at most like $20 since I'm still new to it. On Fasttech I saw a KangerTech Mini Protank 3 Dual Coil Clearomizer for $6.92, a Stainless Steel Taifun Style 510 Drip Tip for $1.73 (do I need this? Or does the clearomizer already have one?), and a 1300mAh USB Rechargeable Battery for EGO-T E-Cigarette for $6.98. Will this all go together? Is this all I need? Any products that you recommend or different places to order from? FastTech seems to have great prices for these parts and I was reading reviews as I picked them and it seems it would be compatible. Am I missing anything? I want something basic and simple for now, no mods or rebuildable parts unless it's that much more cost-effective. Let me know. Thanks!

PS: Starter kit below, only spent $20 on the liquid plus the kit.

2f09j5e.jpg

Edited by KnightHawk63

Only problem with FastTech is that shipping takes forfuckingever. If you can deal with waiting for your stuff for upwards of a month, then it's a good deal to order from them.

For an upgrade, I recommend getting the MVP 2. It's a great mod with tons of options. For clearomizers, the best I've used this far is the SmokTech Aro v2. They have them on MadVapes.com for $5 each. All metal/Pyrex. I have one in every color. Quit using all my Kanger tanks now.

Eventually you may want to get into mechanical mods and dripping, as I have. You'll find yourself getting more into it and wanting to take the next step into it. It's a great hobby, and IMO cheaper than hookah, if you know where to shop and don't have to have everything.

For juices I recommend checking out MountBakerVapor.com. Good flavors for pretty much the best price I've seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just the person I've been waiting to hear from! Thanks Chris! Duely noted on the Aro V2 as the pyrex has lured me in (much rather have glass then PC or plastic for some reason, I guess the feel). I'll take a look at the MVP 2 too. Now what is the difference between a clearomizer and a mod? Is it just mods are completely rebuildable and you can change out everything on it rather than just the coil when it burns out? Are batteries pretty much direct swaps? Do brand name batteries even matter? Also thanks for the update on FastTech, I saw their cheap ass prices plus free international shipping and I was like whut? I guess that's the only downside. Been looking at Mtbakervapor too, so many flavors! Appreciate it man :) I'll post up a new post when I get an order in.

The mod is the vaporizing unit. The clearomizer is the atomizer where the juice is held. You have variable voltage and/or wattage mods like the MVP where it's pretty straightforward (I.e. The MVP 2 tells you your ohms, puff count, and let's you set the voltage or wattage), and then you have mechanical mods where there are no electronics inside, just a battery, the tubing, the spring firing switch, and the pins to make the connection from the switch to the atomizer. I was extremely wary of mech mods, but if you are like me, you'll get the MVP and understand how a lot of it works and feel comfortable taking the plunge into mech mods. But yeah, on mech mods you rebuild the coil(s) and wick in the atomizer every so often. You can also do this for the Aro tanks, just have a much smaller space to work with. There's tutorials online. I was building micro coils for mine before I switched to RDAs.

You only really have to worry about batteries on the mech mods. Stick with Sony VTC4 and you'll be fine. The MVP 2's battery is built in and not meant to be removed.

If you do decide to order from FastTech, I wouldn't order any batteries. I ordered the MVP 2 from them first before reordering it off eBay, waited 4 weeks, and it had been returned by Chinese customs. I had even selected the method everyone said was safe with batteries. In other words, your package may not arrive, and then you have to end up ordering the stuff elsewhere after waiting weeks.

Also, to get vapor similar to hookah, order the MBV flavors in either 80VG/20PG or Max VG, low nicotine (I do 3mg), and 2 extra flavor shots.

"Mod" is the term used to describe the body of the vape. The battery goes in the mod. A mechanical mod is simply a tube with a switch, making it an unregulated power source. A device like an iTaste MVP, ProVape Provari, Smok SID, Joyetech EVIC, or any of the box mods using a "chip" (such as a DNA20 or DNA30 chip, both of which are very popular) are regulated devices. They can be variable wattage, variable voltage, or both. Basically, you set a wattage or voltage, and it keeps the output from the battery consistent until it no longer has enough power to do this. 

"Atomizer" is the general term used to describe the device that houses the coil, and there are a bunch of variations (cartomizer, clearomizer, RBA (rebuildable atomizer with a tank), RDA (rebuildable dripping atomizer with no tank)) and within those categories you have different coil setups, different airflow, etc. Though, it is a bit of misnomer to think that only RBA and RDA are rebuildable, as any clearomizer can be rebuilt as well, they are just not meant to be and are less flexible with options as a result. 

The biggest issue is, you're going to want hookah draw, feel and clouds, and to get that, you really do need to get into RBA's or RDA's. For now, don't worry about getting another battery as long as you have a charger. I would look into either an Aspire Nautilus (too tight of a draw for me, but it will still be an improvement over your existing clearomizer), a Kanger AeroTank or something similar to those, as they won't be too much of a change from what you've got, but they will still be an improvement. With tight draw, you can often drill out the holes to improve that, but it only goes so far with certain devices. 

My only advice, really, would be to stay away from Genesis style atomizers, as, in general, I do find them to be a bit of a hassle to use. I've had the best luck with my Grand Vapor Prometheus, but, unless you can find a clone, that's a pricey atty. I think as long as you find a solid high end genesis atty, and look for a good clone, you would be alright, but, by design, I think they have a lot of issues. You would be better off getting an RDA if you were looking into that end of things.

But, at your price point, just try out some new atomizers.

EDIT: To add to what chris said, you're also going to want big airflow and coils that heat up reasonably fast if you want hookah-like vaping.

• Upvote 1

So much knowledge! Haha well that cleared up a lot of confusion Aeon, I was confused at the difference between an atomizer, clearomizer, tank, cartomizer, etc but it makes sense now. I appreciate you guys explaining everything and offering me good products to try out, I went ahead and ordered that pyrex Aro V2 tank plus the Aro battery since I like the button style on that much better then the stickout button of the eGo battery I have right now. Only $20 and some change shipped so it couldn't be beat (MadVapes btw). I'm going to run through this remaining liquid then make an order from MBV and go by the mixtures you mentions Chris. Also that explains why when I went on various vape websites like ProVapes and Joyetech why they feature those units that are up in the $100's range and I was like whatttt? They had all the fancy lights and buttons and LCD screens, but that explains it, thank you Aeon! I'll do as you suggest and start collecting some more tanks for different smoking feels before I dive into the digital mods then into the mech mods if I find that inspiration in the future. For right now I'm pretty happy with what I have, for now hehe. Major props to both of you!

I would say if it is something you are interested in, and you enjoy vaping, look into DNA30 mod clones. The legit DNA30's are expensive as all hell (I know, I just bought one, my wallet is much lighter), but compared to a legit mechanical mod, it's not that expensive for what you are getting (a versatile, jack of all trades mod). HanaModz DNA30 is probably the best known and best reviewed of the DNA30's, I personally went with a VaporShark, there is also ProtoVapor, OKR box mod DNA30's (these are the kind of things you'll see in a modified altoids tin, very homebrew), and so on. There are several legit DNA30 mods out there, however, the majority of them have pre-order lead times of MONTHS (part of why I jumped on getting the VaporShark, it was in stock and ready to ship). A lot of that delay is simply because the manufacturer of the DNA30 chips was severely backed up and delayed, it seems that's slowly starting to right itself now.

I would recommend you check out a Cana (Hana clone) 

Or, you could also look at an IPV 

Well I got both my clearomizer and battery and there is a huge difference in taste and cloud output from the tank! That's for sure :) I'm very happy with my purchase, both feel extremely solid and well built. My only concern is that the light on the Aro battery does not stay lit when it is plugged in like my eGo-T battery does. Also my charger has indicated that it's been fully charged since I got it (light is green instead of red, orange, and yellow) even after a day of use. It is a 900mAh battery so it shouldn't last too incredibly long. Is my charger not working with the battery? Or is it common for the Aro batteries light to not stay on while plugged in. My eGo batteries button stays blue the entire time it is plugged in, this is the only thing I'm going by here. But I feel like it is charging anyway.

Nice! Glad it's working out for ya. Love those Aro tanks for sure. Only tanks I'll ever use on my MVP from now on, for sure.

They're all different... Some stay lit the entire duration, some stay lit until charged. Just kinda whatever. Keep an eye on it and see what it does. Since you got it from MadVapes, I'm sure it's a legit one and shouldn't give you any issues. Probably just the way it is.

Alright that's what I was thinking. The boxes are SmokTech labeled and have the shiny SmokTech authenticity sticker with the scratch off bar that has the number underneath so both were legit. I'll have to check it out when it seems like the battery is getting low. So far so good and the tank works great with my eGo battery too! I'll throw up pic of everything on either this or the incoming mail page. The all stainless setup is sleek looking. My only complaint is that it has a fixed tip to it but that's definitely not a deal breaker by any means! Actually make it a bit easier to clean since it's one piece. Time for a juice order next!

2 weeks to a month... Really just depends on how often you vape, and how well that coil was made during manufacturing. Some coils were flukes right out of the box for me. :/