Flatwound Wire

â€On

God. So good. The contact with the wick is unreal.

In my Trident i'm getting gigantic flavor and clouds from this wire (.8mm x .1mm). I've got it in a dual setup, about 7 wraps each side (around a 3/32" drill bit), reading about .5-.6 ohms running on Sony VCT3's in my Nemesis. 

Anybody else play around with this stuff? It's pretty darn awesome.

I've never messed with it, but I can understand why the contact would be better. I mainly use micro coils, would this work for a dual micro set up? Might have to pick some up soon.

I've never messed with it, but I can understand why the contact would be better. I mainly use micro coils, would this work for a dual micro set up? Might have to pick some up soon.

Yeah I've used it before. It makes fruit flavors kind of pop, for a lack of a better term. They have a crisp flavor when using flat wire. I can't seem to get a hurricane coil down though.

Personally though I love dual parallel coils over anything else. Edited by Codyb88

• 3 weeks later...

Try the abyss coil i found its better than using flat bound wire. The abyss was the first coil I ever made but it is a little complicated. Drill needed w/616L  325x325 stainless steel mesh and i use 28g wire but rip trippers uses 32g kanthal. I love this coil and go no where without one. If your interested in ss mesh heres a link to ebay where I found was the cheapest - Stainless Steel Mesh #500,400,350,325,300, and 200 W/Free Bonus A1 Kanthal Wire!