[Urgent] Help Selecting Correct Shisha Grommet/screw On Adapter!

Hi Guys,

I actually needed your help on one thing, i just came back from holiday in turkey and i bought back a new shisha/hookah from there. The problem with it is that i can't seem to fit any other bowl on it, the one that it comes with is a rubbish Egyptian one which has to be screwed on to the top of the stem. 

My question what type of a grommet do i need (or is it something else i need?) that i could screw onto the top of the sheesha and that would allow me to fit any bowl on top such as a tangiers phunnel bowl.

With the new shisha i did try one other grommet that i bought from out there (pics attached) but unfortunately, its hole is too small to fit on to the top of the sheesha stem, so it does not fit on. Unfortunately, i wasn't able to test this when i purchased it so didn't know that i was bringing back the wrong screw on piece with me. I am looking to purchase a replacement screw on piece that would fit under the rubber piece in the pic and also be able to screw onto the shisha stem as this one is the wrong size.

I have attached some pics for a better understanding of what I'm looking for. You can see the picture of the grommet to that i bought but doesn't fit. I need something like that i guess but slightly bigger so that it can screw on top properly then i can fit my other bowls onto the rubber piece.

Please let me know if you are aware of what piece i need to purchase for this.

Thank you.

[attachment=6617:2014-05-26 23.11.08.jpg]

2014_05_26_23_11_38.jpg

This screw on piece that i Have with the rubber piece, does not fit/screw onto my shisha stem!!! Please tell me which is the correct one that i need to order?

2014_05_26_23_11_56.jpg

2014_05_26_23_12_07.jpg

Oh, you just need an adapter, like this: http://5starhookah.com/Chipped-Male-to-Female-Bowl-Adapter-CMFA.htm

You can also make one, like I did:

[URL=http://s124.photobucket.com/user/INCUBUSRATM/media/Hookah/elmasadapter.jpg.html]elmasadapter.jpg[/URL]

This one was made using two mod gaskets and electrical tape. I also made another one from the same two mod gaskets but it is more stable because I used a Mya Saray bowl adapter inside the gaskets. Still taped with electrical tape for security.

Thank you very much for that. 

I'll get that piece ordered from them. I have an order in the pipeline from them anyway so ill just tell them to add this piece to the order.

Hopefully its the correct one? Also is this one made from clay? (cause pic looks like it).

So does this part screw onto my stem? and then i can just put any bowl on top of it with a rubber piece?

thanks for your help

It is made of clay. No, it doesn't screw on. Instead, you will leave your current female bowl adapter screwed on, and simply fit this clay adapter into it, sealing it with the supplied tape, or you may use another gasket of some sort. Then you can use any female bowl on top of the clay adapter and you will no longer be restricted to only male bowls.

It is made of clay. No, it doesn't screw on. Instead, you will leave your current female bowl adapter screwed on, and simply fit this clay adapter into it, sealing it with the supplied tape, or you may use another gasket of some sort. Then you can use any female bowl on top of the clay adapter and you will no longer be restricted to only male bowls.

Hi Chrees, appreciate your help.

Just want to understand something properly. The female bowl adapter you said for me to leave on, is that the one used in the initial hookah picture i posted. The big one with a huge round hole on the top side. This one came with the supplied bowl. I just hope you are not referring to the adapter in the picture with the rubber piece i attached to? Because this one fails to screw on to my shisha stem.

So what i need to do is leave that big piece (female adapter) screwed to the stem? Detach (Unscrew) the supplied egyption bowl from it and then fit inside the new piece i ordered (this is the male piece), so in the end i end up with female, male, female pieces in that order? 

I didn't take a picture of it but my current supplied egyption bowl that fits into the female adapter (in pic 1) is also a screw on bowl. Just thought i would mention that incase it makes any difference, cause the female adapter requires the bowl to be screwed in!! But is it correct in saying that with the new male to female bowl adapter, it will bypass the need to screw the head on?

thanks

Hi Chrees, appreciate your help.

Just want to understand something properly. The female bowl adapter you said for me to leave on, is that the one used in the initial hookah picture i posted. The big one with a huge round hole on the top side. This one came with the supplied bowl. I just hope you are not referring to the adapter in the picture with the rubber piece i attached to? Because this one fails to screw on to my shisha stem.

So what i need to do is leave that big piece (female adapter) screwed to the stem? Detach (Unscrew) the supplied egyption bowl from it and then fit inside the new piece i ordered (this is the male piece), so in the end i end up with female, male, female pieces in that order? 

I didn't take a picture of it but my current supplied egyption bowl that fits into the female adapter (in pic 1) is also a screw on bowl. Just thought i would mention that incase it makes any difference, cause the female adapter requires the bowl to be screwed in!! But is it correct in saying that with the new male to female bowl adapter, it will bypass the need to screw the head on?

thanks

Bingo.

Oh and one other thing, they also sell a non-chipped adapter for double price almost. Whats the difference between them both?

http://5starhookah.com/Male-to-Female-Bowl-Adapter-ELMAD.htm

http://5starhookah.com/Chipped-Male-to-Female-Bowl-Adapter-CMFA.htm

Aesthetics. If you want it to look perfect, pay more. If you don't care, then save yourself some cash.

Thanks a lot for your help. 

One last thing, as you can see from picture 1, the shisha comes with a pipe that is again screwed on to the side. Does this mean i can not insert any normal pipe into this shisha? Say if i wanted to insert my Lulava pipe, can i buy an adapter or grommet or something that would screw onto the side of the shisha pipe insert hole and then i could just plug my other pipe into this?

Please if you could show me on 5starhookah again the one that would work.

Thanks,

Nadim

Do you mean are you able to use the same base on another hookah stem? Not sure- hard to tell from your pics.

No i meant that i don't want to use the standard smoking pipe that was provided. I want to change the pipe for my own one. However, on this stem the pipe is screwed in.

The other pipes i have like the lulava pipe do not have a screw on option, they simply plug into the stem to start smoking. However, I don't think they will just simply fit into the screw piece on the side of the stem? Do i need to buy another adapter to screw into the stems side and then i can plug a normal pipe into it?

The hose screws in ? Hmmm ...im guessing u can use it...usimg enough electrical tape/atletic tape to create a seal

yeh thats what i meant i can unscrew the hose out of the stem, but i don't think a normal pipe can just be inserted into it, i need maybe some adapter to screw into the stem which then allows any pipe to be inserted?

Can u put pictures that would help alot, we can make it work, some of the people here sre verrrry crafty

Can u put pictures that would help alot, we can make it work, some of the people here sre verrrry crafty

ok cool will try post come pics up tonight or tomorrow morning.