Welcome to Hookah Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Satou

;a; A Crack In An A Acrylic Base, No Way.

So about a half a year to a year ago; I bought a new MYA, self sealing double hosed hookah with a acrylic base (so that my boyfriend and I do not have to keep flinging the hookah hose back and forth at each other or making two set ups)

Well recently said acrylic base has begun to crack and ultimately leak all over the damn place. I was wondering if there was a particular reason behind this cracking since it has been implied by said companies that acrylic products such as the base would not break or crack. As well - if MYA could or would do anything about replacing it?  If not- if I should just cave in and purchase a new set up (and if so any suggestions? :p)

Yeah, junk it. There are solutions to fixing acrylic, but I wouldn't recommend any of them for a device you are smoking out of. I always just go with the standard "would I drink water out of this?" to gauge if I would smoke out of it.

Yerp, if you wouldnt drink from it dont inhale from it either!

Mya might replace it just on principle. It never hurts to ask.

Any epoxy should fix it. The base isn't getting warm so it shouldn't be an issue.

As its been said, trash it., fix it, or you can replace the base and get the same one, or buy a new hookah.  Depends mostly on your budget and what you want to do.