Retro Gaming?

ChicagoRSX

Evidently I seem to be the resident video game nerd(console that is) and I'm wondering if anyone else is into retro gaming? I'm talking NES, SuperNES, Genesis, Master System. Anyone else playing those? I've been thinking about picking up both a Genesis and a Super NES. I need to pick up an old CRT tv so when I play those systems, the picture isn't messed up.

I own my original NES from 1987. My kids even play the Sesame Street Shape and Letter games on it. I am totally serious!!!!

I've owned damn near every console over the years, except for Jaguar and a couple others, but my favorite will always be the genesis. I even have a Sega Nomad sitting around somewhere! These days I have everything as a ROM, loaded through a MAME frontend on my HTPC, each emulated console running a separate and optimized emulator (to eliminate any problems that using modern tv's might bring about). I've set them all up so I can use my wireless xbox 360 pad with them. Honestly, with ROM's and emulators as good as they are, I see no reason to hook up the old systems. I have every game for Atari, NeoGeo, TurboGrafx, NES, SNES, N64, Genesis/MS/Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast and PS1 and aside from some quirks with saturn, dreamcast and ps1, they all work pretty well flawless. 

If you're curious, the frontend I use is called Maximus Arcade http://www.maximus-arcade.com/ and while the developer of it has stopped paying any mind to it, it works pretty darn good and you can find versions of it around the internet. It isn't perfect, but it is the best I've found thus far.

My wife has a Super Nintendo still. We bust it out and play it time-to-time. Need new controllers for it, though. Keep meaning to grab some off of eBay.

As for me, first system I ever had as a kid was a Jaguar, then a PlayStation, then PlayStation 2... Been a loyal PlayStation fan since.

I want to get some more games for the Super Nintendo, and my kid WILL play them. Still have a lot of my old PS1 games, like Crash Bandicoot. I want my kid to experience these games like I did.

I have a sega genesis, super nes, dreamcast, gamecube, and regular nintendo all side by side hooked up to the tv in my basement. I LOVE old school games, quite a bit more than new games to be honest.

Right now I am working on beating Cannon Spike and Draconus for the dreamcast. So sad how short lived the dreamcast was, had one of the best game libraries ever ... Imagine if they made games for it more than just a few years ...

Overall my favorite system is either Super NES or Dreamcast.

Genesis was great too but I personally think most games that came out on both systems, SNES was the better version almost every time with the exception of some.

My wife has a Super Nintendo still. We bust it out and play it time-to-time. Need new controllers for it, though. Keep meaning to grab some off of eBay.

As for me, first system I ever had as a kid was a Jaguar, then a PlayStation, then PlayStation 2... Been a loyal PlayStation fan since.

I want to get some more games for the Super Nintendo, and my kid WILL play them. Still have a lot of my old PS1 games, like Crash Bandicoot. I want my kid to experience these games like I did.

Give me the summer and I can score you some! I start my garage sale Saturdays in a couple of weeks, when my daughter's soccer season is over. I always end up with Retro Game Parts, because I collect them and sell them on eBay. I have some SNES controllers I know but they are in storage. I always pick some up every summer, so I got you covered. 

I play dreamcast and N64. My best friend Collin, he plays a lot of old systems. I really enjoy them, I was surprised how all the games are either dirt cheap or so unbelievably expensive. My buddy Collin, he has all but 30 of the dreamcast games.

I play dreamcast and N64. My best friend Collin, he plays a lot of old systems. I really enjoy them, I was surprised how all the games are either dirt cheap or so unbelievably expensive. My buddy Collin, he has all but 30 of the dreamcast games.

That is insane seeing how hard it is to get dreamcast games now.

I am all for buying and supporting companies rather than pirate but since it is so hard to get dreamcast games I burn whatever ones I want now.

I never owned any of the old consoles cause of the price gap back then, its still pretty bad but back then it was insane. Stuff like consoles was rare! I did have an old DOS pc with prince of persia and the old disney games, prehistoric, the lost vikings etc. sometimes I still play those on dos box!