I Quit Smoking Hookah

• 5 months later...

I see that members come and go on here, but I think I'[m going to start making an active effort to come around again. I sent out a "WHAT'S UP HF" thread 4 years ago, to which MANY replied, and just never came through so sorry y'all but, if we get some traction I think we could have a real thing going again!

As most, I quit smoking hookah due to children (those turds!). Hot coals and tobacco smoke just didn't seem intuitive with two little ones. My Fiancee and I made a pact to get the clouds rolling again once they were a little older, and we're sticking to it! 

In the mean time, as most seem to have done, I've picked up vaping as a means to cope with my tangiers and nhakla withdrawls. It works alright, I guess. Lol.

• 1 month later...

Dave! 

Welcome back! Congratulations on having kids.

My wife and I have been having hookah and movie nights almost every Friday.  She kind of learned to blow smoke rings so she's really into it now.

I've been really out of the loop these last few years and a bunch of new brands popped up. Lately I've been smoking AF, Nak and Fumari because that what I can buy locally.

I'm going to try work on checking in more often as well. Maybe we can bring it back. I bet we can get Stuie roped in again too.

I'm going to adjust my notifications so I will be reminded to check in. 

• 1 year later...

I don’t think I’ll ever really quit. I just take breaks years at a time.

• 3 months later...

I am a Hookah lover!!! like crazy lover and I have tried a lot of things and love the hookah bowls I make - but now I'm slowly starting to feel like its a lot of pain to get the coals burning - get the time to manage that specially being a father now.

So I was thinking if Vaping is a better alternative - both health and flavor wise.

I need some recommendation on what to do - if there are people who have done that already - it would be great to learn their experience.

I am okay investing in a mod - but it has to provide me the cloud and the satisfaction of hookah.

I understand the downside is not having multiple flavors every other day but there is a give and take.

PLEASE HELP.!!

• 2 years later...

I switched to vaping years ago and never really gave myself the chance to smoke a good hookah bowl since. I've also quit vaping too actually but now I'm starting to think about hookah again. 🤔 

Curious who's still floating around in these familiar halls

• HookahForum unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

Oh hi! Mu'assal makes me pretty sick now and the only thing I smoke is 'ajami/tombaak, when I'm in the Middle East

On 1/20/2024 at 9:42 AM, Hassouni said:

Oh hi! Mu'assal makes me pretty sick now and the only thing I smoke is 'ajami/tombaak, when I'm in the Middle East

Sorry to hear you're having that reaction brother. Glad there's something for you still.

Hope you are doing well

-Pat