Guess Who's Gonna Be A Daddy...

Chreees

Prepare for sleep deprevation. I here it stops sometime around when they turn 25... but a general consensus has not been reached.

Hold her hand through the delivery. Stay right by her head supporting her with reassuring words.... cause you do not want to see the other end! You think you do, but you really don't, takes about 12 months to get that image out of your head.

No one will tell you this but after 2 let me say this pack your own little hospital bag. You will need 3 things.

1. Jolt Gum

2. Cotton Balls

3. Peppermint Essential Oil

If the labor is long you will need the first item.

You will know when to use the last 2 items... oh you will know! Do it descretely but breathe deep, as to not offend your wife.

If planned C-Section ditch the bag, you won't need it.... but do not look over the sheet...I repeat do not look over the sheet.

My wife tried natural both times, but ended up C-Sections.

Just some words of wisdom from one father to another.

• Upvote 1

Thanks, Stu. I appreciate the advice!!! I'm gonna need it...

Don't be scared. One thing that seemed really stupid to me at the time was we took a birthing class from a midwife & doula. I thought it would be a waste of time, but really there are a lot of things you think you know, but don't really, and things you would never think about.... peppermint oil being one of them. We took ours through the YMCA. Check it out a lot of places do it. It's well worth your time, this is coming from a guy!

Thanks man, I'll check that out! I really do appreciate the advice. I'm not exactly scared... more so feel like I'm about to fall off a huge cliff into the unknown, and I wanna be sure there's a cushion at the bottom to catch my sorry ass. :lol:

...yeah that never goes away. Birth is one thing, then you worry about every sniff, sneeze, cough, are you raising them right, are you too firm, or too lax in correcting them.... on and on and on!

You do your best and you will be fine!

Mine are about to turn 5 and 3 and still check on them in the middle of the night to make sure they are breathing and safe in bed. Won't say why don't want to give you the same complex.

Those first few months are like a ride of euphoria mixed with a wave "WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING?" mixed with sleep deprevation... it will be a magic carpet ride!

• 4 weeks later...
DUDE, that'd be awesome if we do have a boy. We already have tons of girl stuff if we have a girl, but pretty much would need clothes if we have a boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

DUDE, that'd be awesome if we do have a boy. We already have tons of girl stuff if we have a girl, but pretty much would need clothes if we have a boy.

For Clothes... check you ego at the door... because new is freaking EXPENSIVE!

1. Ask people you know that are done having kids (Got tons this way)

2. Second hand stores (you should have children second hand stores, we have several here)

3. Garage Sales (Still do this today, Got my 5 year old an entire summer wardrobe for this summer the past 2 weekends spent $30, half of them still have tags)

2. Second hand stores (you should have children second hand stores, we have several here)

3. Garage Sales (Still do this today, Got my 5 year old an entire summer wardrobe for this summer the past 2 weekends spent $30, half of them still have tags)

Oh dude, trust me, I don't really have much of an ego, lol. I have no problem with hand-me-downs. Hell, I grew up on 'em. Some of my favorite shirts I STILL wear to this day came from my older brothers. Anyway, I have no problem with our kid wearing used clothing. Especially with how long they'll be wearing them...

Yup! We have a second hand store and can get clothes for 1-5 bucks! No use in spending more than that on something your kid will wear possibly a handful of times.