So I Bought A Smokerlyzer

I've seen a few studies about the benefits of inhilation of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) diluted to below 3% so I know it's safe. And as it broke down there would be free single atom oxygens that bond very readily to just about anything around it. The problem is that it would bond with everything in the smoke not just the CO. Plus I'm not that familiar with how reactive or stable CO is on it's own.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk Edited by tjmitch

Interesting. I am going to start with really cold water, then ice water. The colder the water the more oxygen available in the water so we will see if that makes any noticeable difference as well.

Imagine if milk in the base drastically reduced CO levels? CAN YOU GUYS IMAGINE?! IT WOULD BE ANARCHY!

I personally just feel you should test any variable that can be changed in as many ways as you can think of. Who knows what might have an actual effect, without trying we won't know for sure.

Imagine if milk in the base drastically reduced CO levels? CAN YOU GUYS IMAGINE?! IT WOULD BE ANARCHY!

I personally just feel you should test any variable that can be changed in as many ways as you can think of. Who knows what might have an actual effect, without trying we won't know for sure.

Agreed!

lol that'd be hilarious.

I've been thinking about the use of acidic vs neutral vs alkaline water. Just something that has been on my mind that likely won't come up with anything but it may if it is combined with something else.

I've seen a few studies about the benefits of inhilation of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) diluted to below 3% so I know it's safe. And as it broke down there would be free single atom oxygens that bond very readily to just about anything around it. The problem is that it would bond with everything in the smoke not just the CO. Plus I'm not that familiar with how reactive or stable CO is on it's own.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Care to share those studies?

Care to share those studies?

It's been a while but I'll see if I can find them.

I tried using half japanese coals and damn, clouds were almost double the size of normal clouds, these things were HUGE with perfect flavor. They were extremely easy to cut, and the first round lasted about 25 min before needing to add more. Keep in mind, that is with 5 people puffing on it constantly, it could probably go much longer if only 1 or 2 people were smoking it.

I really like it with half coals. Levels dropped about 5% more. So with Japanese coals the savings by cracking them is a good amount but not nearly as beneficial as cracking coconut coals. Which tells you out of the box the Japanese coal ARE much more efficient in how they burn.

I broke the 4 tabs from a single stick, then cut the 4 squares into halves. It worked insanely well, better than cutting coconuts in half. Since they give off such low heat, you can put a bunch of them really close to each other all the way around the bowl. The smoke is insane and the flavor is perfect.

I also did a mini test on the last couple rounds of coals last night. I tried piggybacking them which by the way works amazingly well and it didn't seem to raise the CO levels at all.

I will try again tomorrow and piggyback coals every single round and see what my results are.

Tangiers large, well technically it is a large but it holds 50g so it really is a medium.

I start with 11 halves. Then after about 20-25 min I add 3 halves. Then I usually do 2 or 3 halves every 10-15 min. But as I said, if you smoke alone, you can go a lot longer before adding more coal.

Tangiers large, well technically it is a large but it holds 50g so it really is a medium.

I start with 11 halves. Then after about 20-25 min I add 3 halves. Then I usually do 2 or 3 halves every 10-15 min. But as I said, if you smoke alone, you can go a lot longer before adding more coal.

11 halves?  dafuq?  Pics or it didn't happen.

It is a 3 inch diameter bowl, the bowl is massive. And it's with Japanese coals ... which don't give off a lot of heat.

I use 4 Japanese coals on my tang larges (~60g). I can't imagine using the equivalent to almost 6.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk Edited by tjmitch

With Nakhla it is necessary. Obviously Tangiers uses less, it is a low heat tobacco.

No offense but you must not smoke Nakhla if you couldn't imagine using 5-6 japanese coals on a large phunnel of Nakhla.

Yeah with coconuts on a large I'd do 3-4 for nak. But Japanese coals give off VERY low heat, with 4 Japanese coals on a large w nakhla you get okay smoke but nothing that is considered standard by any of us on the forums.

Is there a TL;DR version of this thread?  Maybe edit the first post? 

In any event, after reading the first 3 pages of "oh my god hookah is going to kill us all," my thoughts are these:

I can smoke Tangiers for 2 hours straight and feel 'fine.'  I cannot smoke what is, according to this thread, the equivalent 2-3 packs of cigarettes (even over the course of several days, let alone 2 hours) and still feel fine; I would feel terrible.  Even one cigarette makes me feel terrible.

I'll defer to my body on this one. 

Lol, that is a rather lame post. I am not saying it is equivalent or worse to cigarettes in every regard. Just CO. Please re-read the thread. I have stated that I believe hookah to be healthier than cigarettes, just not in terms of CO. If you don't want to read the thread in it's entirety then post a comment that is the exact opposite of the feelings I have shown ... I suggest you just move along.

Also, you can get quite high levels of CO in your body and not feel it, once again also stated throughout this thread. So CO is one of those things wHere it can do quite a bit of harm without you knowing it.

• Upvote 1

Because you are misinterpreting me. You fail to read all of the thread, and then make a post.

Your comments fail to show that you know anything about CO. If you care to learn, ask questions, don't make statements to argue your case when you don't know anything about the topic.

And I am relaxed.

It's annoying to discuss all of this stuff just to have people repeatedly pull the whole "I feel fine" so it can't be that bad, without reading up on this thread or CO and actually understand that you don't feel CO unless it is dangerously high. But the levels hookah produces are very high for a smoking method.

Also, HASS, I tried my first test with a turkish bowl last night, which was a medium turkish bowl with 27g of mizo in it, numbers matched my lowest numbers with a large phunnel but the clouds weren't as big as my phunnels. I will keep tinkering to perfect it and will post results but so far, looks promising.