Long Shot…. Homemade Camper

Okay so some of you know/dont know that I am a huge outdoors man. I recently sold my 24ft gooseneck camper because I sold my truck and bought a car instead. I just got my girlfriend (title is in my name guys) an explorer so I would love to build a camper with the help of a harbor freight 48x96" trailer. I would love to have 3/4 of it camper & 1/4 of it kayak racks for when I go scuba diving in jupiter beach. Anyways I was wondering if anyone here has any experience in building stupid shit like this… Im taking a long shot here but the plans on the internet are really hard to come by with details on what I should put in it and what not…

I thought about going out and just buying a used pop up camper for 4,000 but then I thought about the design of a trailer and think I could do it for cheaper than that probably around 800 bucks for a nice home build one. The Harbor Freight trailer I am looking at is 300 bucks and then the wood I would need to buy would be around 300 bucks and 200 for the stuff to furnish it (i.e.: twin mattress or blow up matt, kayak racks for side, windows, etc). 

What I am asking from people who are outdoorsmen what kind of stuff would I need? Any suggestions? Like I said I am taking a long shot here trying to get tips but I have pretty much the plans drew out on paper and some of the materials I need….

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...