The Human Torch Is Now Black....wtf?

SaintPendulous

Lol, why does everyone think this guy is Nick Cannon??

Michael B. Jordan, folks. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0430107/?ref_=nv_sr_1

He's actually a really good actor, and I am able to distinguish him from Nick Cannon... :lol:

At quick glance, he does look like Nick Cannon. I had to look again and see that it wasn't. :P

Unless 3+ Hour epic where they rage against Galactus.. totally not worth it seeing.

I'm pretty sure that was everyone's feeling going into it. Coupled with the weak casting job and the fact the bad guy is Dr.Doom again, I'm pretty sure this film will do about as good a Daredevil did.

Daredevils' casting was just as bad! everybody talks about how bad Ben Affleck was....but with them Casting Jennifer Garner a Elektra (Elektra is supposed to be Spanish) and Michael Clark Duncan as Kingpin (Kingpin is typically white). A person can argue that Ben Affleck was the best Casting in that movie.

Daredevils' casting was just as bad! everybody talks about how bad Ben Affleck was....but with them Casting Jennifer Garner a Elektra (Elektra is supposed to be Spanish) and Michael Clark Duncan as Kingpin (Kingpin is typically white). A person can argue that Ben Affleck was the best Casting in that movie.

Michael Clark Duncan at least had the presence to play a character like the Kingpin. I've looked at the performances by Michael B Jordan, and I just can't picture him pulling off the role.  I look at it like this, ok now one of the Storms is a step child/adopted(I'm not putting down half sibling because you can't make me believe with their respective pigments that they could share a shared blood line, they are too dissimilar). The studio can't even get the source material right, so what makes you think you can pull off adding something that isn't even cannon to the franchise?

I mean, now Mr.Fantastic is the same age as Johnny and Sue, something I also have an issue with.

This film may do even worse than daredevil...  You can only change so much in a story. If you change everything it shouldn't be called fantastic 4. Why not create new characters all together? Why take an already existing series and change the entire dynamic? See Fantastic 4 was only popular among comicbook geeks, fanboys and little kids. Changing everything would piss off the comicbook geeks and fanboys. That is losing 2/3rds of the fanbase right there. I'll be shocked if this movie does half as good as the robocop remake. And that movie is doing terrible at the US box office! 

Edited by A Sharrp SYBIAN

Michael Clark Duncan at least had the presence to play a character like the Kingpin. I've looked at the performances by Michael B Jordan, and I just can't picture him pulling off the role.  I look at it like this, ok now one of the Storms is a step child/adopted(I'm not putting down half sibling because you can't make me believe with their respective pigments that they could share a shared blood line, they are too dissimilar). The studio can't even get the source material right, so what makes you think you can pull off adding something that isn't even cannon to the franchise?

I mean, now Mr.Fantastic is the same age as Johnny and Sue, something I also have an issue with.

It all depends on what version you go with, I wanna say Ultimate Fantastic four is a lot younger? im just throwin that out there idk for sure but some versions may show them at a younger age.