Muslim's Can't Live On Mars

Stuie

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/muslims-living-on-mars-fatwa

I know we have a few muslims on the board and I am wondering if any one can help me understand the logic? It's not my religion or culture, but it seems a bit extreme, via the reason given in the article. I read it as "Muslims can't go to Mars because they might die." Maybe I am just interpreting it wrong, Would love some insight on this.

I'm not muslim but the way I'm reading it; it would be along the same lines of commiting suicide. Same way Christians aren't supposed to commit suicide.

Before I read the article I was guessing it would be because they would have a hard time facing mecca when they pray. Sorry if I'm comming across as insensitive and ignorant.

"Protecting life against all possible dangers and keeping it safe is an issue agreed upon by all religions..."

I'm sorry, you'll have to excuse me for a moment...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Okay, just had to get that out of my system. That being said, this is absolutely ridiculous, beyond the normal religious ridiculousness. ANYTHING humans do involves the risk of death. You can't go get groceries, because you may get hit by a car and die on your way there. There's just too much risk, ya know? /s It makes no sense, not even within that culture. This, I think, is a case of someone being given media coverage just because of how ridiculous they sound, and not because they represent the views and aspirations of the majority.

That was just funny! Listen If we can create Bio-domes and someday lets say in 100s of years there could be self sufficient space colonies with their own atmospheres and vegetation well I believe the Universe could be limitless. As the human species keeps expanding eventually at some point in time the Earth may no longer sustain us what then? I believe in 100s of years when technology and humanity advance even more human's can live anywhere. What if in a couple thousand years or a million years the Earth becomes a wasteland? 

I hope by 100s you mean decades, cause the earth wont last for hundreds of years the way we treat it... and technology is evolving fast!

meant 1000's of years lol 

So because Muslim's have a problem with Mars i take it No hookah-loving Muslim will ever order from this website! lol https://www.hookahonmars.com