Sour Grape

Chreees

Post your reviews for Tangiers Birquq Sour Grape here. Please start your review with Tangiers Birquq Sour Grape so that others can use the search engine and find it easily. Any non-review posts will be edited out by the mods.

Tangiers Birquq Sour Grape

Hookah: Tokel Canary Turkish Hookah on Syrian Trumpet Base.
Bowl: Kasbah Male Phunnel.
Screen/Foil: Reynolds Heavy Duty.
Hose: Abu Mahir Razan.
Coals: Two Coconaras.
Base Liquid: Water.
Appearance: Typical Tangiers cut.
Smell: Grape!
Taste: Tastes like a sour grape. Excellent!
Smoke: Tangy monster clouds.
Buzz: Mild.
Duration: ~2 Hours.

Purchased From: Sample set Eric sent out February 2014.

Overall: 10/10. This is an awesome flavor! It's just like I had it in Lucid, but even better flavor than before! And it has a bit of a buzz. I honestly can't find anything wrong with this flavor. My wife loved it!

• 2 weeks later...

Tangiers Birquq Sour Grape

Hookah: KM Kafe 
Bowl: Size 7 Phunnel.
Screen/Foil: Walgreens Brand Heavy Duty.
Hose: Asli
Coals: Two Golden Canary Silver Tabs.
Base Liquid: Water.
Appearance: Typical Tangiers cut.
Smell: STRONG Like grape soda/grape Dimetapp from my childhood, I will say more about this in my overall score for me the smell is too much, but I am sure to many people it would be amazing
Taste: Like a flat grape soda, not very sour at all. 

Smoke: Typical tangiers clouds, even smoking out of a 7ico the clouds are pretty big. 
Buzz: moderate, Have not smoked in about a week.
Duration: at least 15 minutes

Purchased From: Free samples from Eric sent out 02/2014

Overall: I am going to give this one 8.75/10.

Many of the reasons I knocked points are personall preferences.

• As I said previously the smell was too strong for me, but I get overwhelmed and overstimulated easily by strong smells. The flavor was also a little stronger than my liking.
  • I put at least 15 minutes on the duration because I had to stop smoking early on, due mainly to the smell being too strong. I also had to put the container in the other room to hopefully minimize the scent.
  • This is not an issue with the tobacco itself, but an issue with my response to scents in the last year or so.
  • This is the first grape I have had in over a year (previous being white summer mixed fruit, which left me feeling almost nauseated because of the amount of grape-ness) In the past I believe that I got a little too burnt out on grape flavor in general.
  • It does not taste sour to me.

These are the reasons that it is not a 10 or a 9. As a flavor, it is very good and the flavor strength leveled out while I worked on this review. It also completely covered the residual taste of Tangiers Spearmint (which has been my only smoke for about a month), which is kind of cool, and goes to show the strength of the flavor. I can see why many people would really enjoy it. I will have to have Hallie try it out after this weekend, as she loves grape flavors. I can say that I would likely keep this flavor around as a back up/ have it when guests are over. 

If you enjoy grape flavors then definitely try this one out.