Going To A Hookah Bar Alone?

I think it all depends on what the style is of the Hookah bar that you would be going to. There's one around by where the atmosphere is very relaxed and catered more to Arab cafe culture as opposed to the Hookah bars that cater to the more "nightlife" style. Clearly, going to the later wouldn't be comfortable for reading, but I don't see why it would be to do that at a casual Hookah bar since that's how they work in the Arab and Asian world.

I have done it repeatedly I would bring several options to the book. A Laptop, Ipod and maybe the book. I also do homework at the lounge but if you really try when you go to the lounge you can always meet new people and hang out with them the rest of the night.

Side Note: If they have couches avoid those (The larger groups will swarm you) go for a table and chair most people will just ask for the chairs around your table if it starts to get crowded.

Edited by InfernoRaven

I have to ask from these threads, in the states when there is a lounge/whatever kind of gathering place for drinking/smoking etc. do people just sit next to people if there isnt space elsewhere?

I have to ask from these threads, in the states when there is a lounge/whatever kind of gathering place for drinking/smoking etc. do people just sit next to people if there isnt space elsewhere?

99 times out the of 100 I wouldn't sit at a table with someone who just happened to be there. Of course there could be exceptions.

I wouldn't think twice about sitting at an actual bar between 2 strangers.

If there were no other options, I would sit at the other end of a couch if there was someone sitting at the first end.

There is a place where I work that is super quiet and chill during the day but has a nightclub feel after 9:00. I've been there during the day by myself and sat on a couch for a couple of hours. There were another few people there but plenty of open seats. I went there one night with my wife and couldn't get a table so we sat at the bar and smoked for a couple of hours and ended up having a pretty good time.

It depends on the situation, but going alone certainly isn't out pf the question. There are a couple of traditional places that I would go to alone at any hour that they were open.

Yes, I have been asked if they could sit there, sometimes Loners flock togeather in the sense they come alone but everyone has the lounge taken up with their groups, meanwhile you yourself are sitting alone be it on a couch or at a table they ask to sit usually. Even large groups ask if there is anyone sitting there at the couches and start sitting around me IE Swarm.

It is mostly polite to at least ask, generally with the more popular bars if you aren't with people you quickly lose free space around you because there isn't enough room to properly seat everyone with plenty of room so if your buy yourself you generally get "Absorbed" by a larger group, they may or may not talk to you. But if it does happen OP count yourself lucky strike up a conversation who knows eventually you will be strolling out of the hookah lounge as if you were drinking buddies and you got yourself a few new friends to smoke hookah with.

I go to hookah bars alone quite a bit. I like to smoke by myself and work at times when my girlfriend has friends over or something. I don't like to read personally but I would say its not weird at all.. Before I knew anyone to go with me or who smoked it I use to go alone too and would just go and meet people there. I got to know a lot of people doing that and some of those are the people I still smoke to this day with. 

I use to be like that for awhile then I realized I wasn't being entirely sociable so I started hitting then up. I like it if it's free Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk