Audio Books

Nerdy

So, where can a man get some free audio books?
No specific genre, just random audio books that I am looking for. I want to have some that I can listen to while at work, in the car, while smoking ... etc.

I dont know about audio books, but I like to listen to recorded podcasts (like not see the live and listen the recording a day or so later, fresh topics yay!) on topics that Im interested in on youtube :P

Certain bays, with certain pirates. Nah i'm just kidding, only noobs use public trackers!

For real though, I'm happy to pay if the book is reasonably long and high quality. Audible is amazing, and has lots of free audiobooks as well. I personally recommend Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, as read by Wil Wheaton. He does a really good job and suits the tone and narrative of the book so well.

Certain bays, with certain pirates. Nah i'm just kidding, only noobs use public trackers!

Can you expand on that at all? 

This forum, nor do I, or any of this forums members agree with, endorse or abide by piracy on the internet. However, to be able to fully grasp what you don't agree with, endorse or abide by, you must understand it. For those who partake in the heinous act of internet piracy (seriously, you wouldn't download a car, would you? what is the difference between that and regular theft?!) through the means of "torrents", there are several well known and established websites that offer a platform for these illicit acts. Over the years there have been many examples, the clearest and most recent of which is The Pirate Bay. These websites are only platforms (known as trackers), they don't actually host anything (for example, the entirety of The Pirate Bay can be stored on a small flash drive). This is the reason they keep slipping through loopholes, shutting down the site does nothing as it can simply be rehosted. Anyways, these public trackers are open to anyone, and as such offer much more "threat" than a private tracker. A private tracker is basically a website that REQUIRES a login/pass, requires that you are invited to the site and, in the case of all the good ones I am aware of, require you to interview over IRC to test your knowledge of torrent subject matter (such as seed/leech ratios, codec quality, differences between bitrates and what is acceptable when ripping music, etc) as well as to establish what kind of person you are. Private trackers, as such, tend to have stronger communities with less people downloading (leeching) and never uploading(seeding), as they are required to maintain acceptable ratios. You are held accountable, while still remaining anonymous. Because of this, there is much more quality content on these sites and no files you need to worry about (which can't be said for public trackers, which are quite unreliable). There are many comparisons you could make to other aspects of non-internet life, but a relevant one in this case would be like smoking Jewelz with QL's through a junky pipe and thinking it's the bomb and then finding out that it's actually garbage and you could improve every aspect of your experience by just joining an informative and welcoming community, such as this one ;)

But, I don't know much about all these internet things, and I certainly don't condone such heinous acts, no matter their quality.

• Upvote 1

Psht, private trackers sound confusing, luckily for me there totally isnt a private tracker site hosted locally for the country of Slovenia by some cool guy including a friend of mine with top quality content on it consistently checked and well moderated...