Bananas Foster

defcrash

Fantasia's BANANAS FOSTER

Setup
: 33" Modern Hookah? (My friend's hookah, not sure) with diffuser.

Bowl: Tangier's Phunnel

Hose: Nammor and a homemade hose

Coal: 3 Coconaras, then added 4th after 10 minutes

Screen/Foil: Heavy Duty Foil with many small holes poked in rings to match phunnel shape

Liquid In base: Water and Ice

Cut: Typical Fantasia cut, medium pieces, very juicy! Strange orange dye. I haven't seen this before with Fantasia, but it was a brownish orange dye. They could have left it natural brown IMO, but oh well.

Smell: Good, but wasn't pungent like others from Fantasia, but rather conservative. Can't really pinpoint the smell, although it is NOT banana in any sense. It's kinda like a mild spice, like Cardamom or something.

Taste: Same as the smell. Mild taste, no bananas whatsoever, more like the sauce in Foster that they're trying to mimic. I was searching for some kind of carmelized taste, but it ended up tasting really similar to a Cardamom spice shisha from Al Fakher that we've smoked.

Smoke Thickness: Very thick! True Fantasia smoke, as usual.

Buzz: Mild to no buzz.

Duration: We smoked it for about an hour. It would have definitely kept going if we wanted, but the taste just wasn't that luring.

Overall: (6/10) negative.gif I was really excited about this one, as I have tried and given up on finding a Banana flavor that doesn't end up tasting like you sprinkled dog shit in your bowl. Now Fantasia (one of my favorites!) introduces Bananas Foster?? I love desert flavors a lot (pumpkin spice esp). This one let me down. I'll say that it's better than any banana flavor by any brand I've tried so far, but that's probably because there's NO banana flavor in this one! It's weird. It's good for the first 5 minutes or so, but the taste (Cardamom or some mild spice) gets old really fast. I won't be buying any more of this one and am glad I decided against the 200g and tried the 50g instead. I gave it a 6 because I gotta give credit for the smoke quality! This is also a flavor that after 10 minutes, I didn't scrap the bowl, pack it with something to get the taste out and reuse the still large coals. I gotta give a little credit for that. Also, part of the 6 in this rating was the fun it was trying to find out what the hell the flavor actually was! Sorry, Bananas Foster, you let me down. The search for the true banana continues...(If anyone finds one, feel free to email me...i'd love to try it)

• 1 year later...
[size="3"][b]Fantasia [color="#ffa500"]Bananas Foster[/color][/b][/size]

[b]Hookah: [/b]Mya Saray Francesco
[b]Bowl: [/b]Tagniers Small Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil: [/b]Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose:[/b] Nammor
[b]Coals:[/b] Coconaras
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Fine Cut with Several big stems. Swimming in Orange Dye.
[b]Nicotine: [/b]0.5%
[b]Base:[/b] Honey & Glycerin
[b]Smell: [/b]Banana & Sugar
[b]Taste:[/b] Banana & Sugar
[b]Smoke:[/b] Great
[b]Buzz:[/b] None
[b]Duration: [/b]1 Hour

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Hookah-Shisha.com

[b]Overall:[/b] 3/10 This another disapointing flavor from Fantasia. Bananas Foster has too many flavors to ever work well as a shisha and get it to taste right. It tastes like Bananas and carmalized sugar. I good try but a fail.