New To Forum

sdpupillo

What's up every body. My name is Sam. I'm not new to hookahs, but more here to share my experiences and get new ideas.

I started with a 24" MYA and they when to a 32" MYA. I've sold those off and now I smoke a Lavoo MP5. I LOVE my hookah to no end, but as Lavoo owners know, the bowl can pack a TON of shisha in it. I just moved 600 miles from anyone I know for a new job, so having friends over to smoke will be very rare. I was exploring my options. My first thought was to get a bowl adapter for my Lavoo, but I just love the look of it the way it is. Plus the bowl adaper is quite expensive.

Now that I'm out of college and have disposable income, I have decided to buy a KM, new or used I don't really mind. I also plan on getting an alien bowl to use with the KM. But I'm here to do research on my up and coming purchase and learn a bit more about KM. So if anyone wants to sell theirs (KM or the bowl) please let me know.

Enough of my bantering, nice to be here. Here is a pic of my hookah, not like you guys don't know what they are.

Hello and welcome to Hookah Forum, Sam! Glad to have you here. That is quite an awesome looking hookah you have there, good sir. I dig it. I understand though why you might want something more along the lines of a KM, though. More versatile, less opportunity to break, etc. As for bowls, I highly recommend looking into the Tangiers Pico or Small bowl. You'd probably want the Pico since you said you solo smoke nowadays. I have one and love it! Saves so much on tobacco. As for KMs, those are pretty abundant with most of the online vendors so I'm sure you'll find one you like no problem. Only one listed for sale here in the Trades section is this one: http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/51559-fs-elmas-osmanli-701-km-and-persian-wooden/ .

Again, welcome to the forum. Just holla if you need anything. We're here to help!

-Chris

Thank you for the help man! I am looking at buying a new one, but money is tight since my move was so expensive. I hope to pick up a used on first to see how I like them. I am assuming I will enjoy it, so when I do I'll buy one new.

As for the bowl, I heard alien was a good bowl to go with. I will definitely read up on the pico bowl. Thanks for the input!

No problem man! What I'm here for! :D

The Alien is decent, but I feel that it lacks the proper depth/width ratio for optimal results. Eric of Tangiers designs his bowls with specific dimensions so that they yield the best result. I personally feel that the Alien is much too shallow/wide. Others will say they think the Alien is just as good as any Tangiers bowl. All I can say is try both and decide for yourself. :)

There's often some good deals on KMs on eBay. Let me do a quick search for you and see what I come up with.

Your set up will only be determined by you when you try stuff out and see what suits you best, Im on a turkish pipe and bowl and have been for a while, since It makes me extremely happy :P Search the forum for detailed information on all kinds of stuff and see what you like though, youre bound to find something that interests you :) Welcome aboard and I hope you stick around :)

I'm actually watching 3 of those hookas right now lol. I'll do a bit more research on the bowls. Thanks again!

Your set up will only be determined by you when you try stuff out and see what suits you best, Im on a turkish pipe and bowl and have been for a while, since It makes me extremely happy :P Search the forum for detailed information on all kinds of stuff and see what you like though, youre bound to find something that interests you :) Welcome aboard and I hope you stick around :)

I'll be here for a while. I am forums all the time so I would love to stick around and share my experiences. My new place has the flat top stove so I don't want to light my coals on that. I ordered a burner from hookah-shisha along with a kaloud and I want to smoke really bad now. But my stuff won't be here until tomorrow. Talk about a terrible tease haha.

Thanks again for the input fellas.

Welcome to HF, Sam. :) I must say, that's a very interesting looking hookah you have there. Looks awesome! As far as the bowls are concerned, see, the alien is a phunnel type bowl, and if I'm not wrong, it came into existence because at the time, the smallest tangiers bowl available at the time was Tangiers small, which despite its name can hold anywhere from 30-45 gms of tobacco and there was a huge demand for a smaller phunnel, so John modified the design a bit and released the alien. Its a fun good bowl from what i gather, but when it comes to phunnel bowls, nothing beats Tangiers ( Eric, who owns Tangiers designed the phunnel design). And now he does make a smaller bowl, named pico, so I'll agree with Chris. As i said, alien may be a good bowl, but it gets kind of mixed reviews, and the majority does prefer tangiers bowls all day everyday! I suggest you do a bit of research and decide which one will suit you better. :)

Welcome to HF, Sam. :) I must say, that's a very interesting looking hookah you have there. Looks awesome! As far as the bowls are concerned, see, the alien is a phunnel type bowl, and if I'm not wrong, it came into existence because at the time, the smallest tangiers bowl available at the time was Tangiers small, which despite its name can hold anywhere from 30-45 gms of tobacco and there was a huge demand for a smaller phunnel, so John modified the design a bit and released the alien. Its a fun good bowl from what i gather, but when it comes to phunnel bowls, nothing beats Tangiers ( Eric, who owns Tangiers designed the phunnel design). And now he does make a smaller bowl, named pico, so I'll agree with Chris. As i said, alien may be a good bowl, but it gets kind of mixed reviews, and the majority does prefer tangiers bowls all day everyday! I suggest you do a bit of research and decide which one will suit you better. :)

Thank you for that! I am a huge tangies smoker so that's the kind of review I'm looking for!

I have read a few things articles that stated that the pico bowls give thinner clouds than a regular small bowl. How are they compared to the regular small bowl?

I enjoy thick clouds. Thin/weak clouds don't do much for me.

Never seen anything that said Pico bowl produces thinner smoke, nor have I experienced it with mine. Only difference is duration of the bowl- a Pico is not going to last as long as a Small. But a Pico will last hours anyway, so not really anything to worry about. I once went 8 hours on my Mini (between Pico and Small). Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm I guess I'll keep thinking about it.

I found a used KM for a good price of $60 and that will give me a great idea on if I should buy a new one. Hell, maybe I'll just love my used one and keep that one for a while. But I am very excited to get it in. The seller said it comes with a few bowls but didn't specify what kinds. So you guys might be able to help me on that one. Had to go in to work late today because my pride and joy showed up today after being away from her for amost 6 weeks!

Damn man, that sucks. Sorry to hear. I'm sure you'll find something you like soon. Is your car the red Camaro? I don't think you saw where I asked lol. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope that's not mine, I have the trans am. It's my baby. Took many years to find the right project, and that's her. I had actually look at newer camaros, but I didn't want the car payment and I think the 98-02 TA's are ome of the sexiest cars ever made. Pretty much my two favorite things, hookah and cars :wub:

Actually, no I didn't. <_<

But the car has gotten me plenty of female attention. Especially when its 90* and I have the tops off. Ladies love T-tops haha. Need to get myself a girlfriend so she can take some shots with the car in a bikini.

I think the funniest part of the car is hearing what people are willing to offer you for the car. I've had all sorts of trade offers and people offering me cash.

• 2 weeks later...