Want To Know Why This Site Doesn't Get Traffic Anymore?

DrSmokes

I have just gone through this thread in it's entirety for the first time. I was unaware of any of these issues until now. I have just reset all my notification settings, I was not being notified of pm's or any posts. Sometimes the forum would go down and I would become aware of that via mushrat's calls or texts.

With that said. I have performed the fix posted by Alabammer and detailed here. I am also in touch with Invision and they are double checking that the issue is resolved. I looked at Xenforo and it honestly didn't look compelling enough to warrant a possibly tricky migration. IPB is coming out with their new version 4.0 pretty soon, which is a complete re-write. It should be pretty sweet, a lot of the people on the IPB forums are pretty psyched about what they are doing. 

Thanks for getting on top of this, Adrock. Sorry for the bombardment of PMs from me- Was trying to get Mushrat to alert you via Facebook but he wasn't responding. Feel free to PM me your contact info so I can get in touch with you easier/faster in the future.

Hope the redirect issue is finally fixed. If so, we should see an increase in traffic since Google search results will now actually take folks to the forum instead of that weird hack site.

Members, please let us know if you notice any further issues regarding this or anything else we may not be aware of. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

It's back...you guys definitely have a back door. I'd recommend downloading all of your server files and running a virus scan on them or having your host provider run a scan on your files. You may have to just reformat your drive or delete all your files and start with fresh ones.

I have just contacted Invision Support and they are looking into this. I fixed it last time, but I think I will let them fix it this time, so it hopefully doesn't come back.

adam

I have just contacted Invision Support and they are looking into this. I fixed it last time, but I think I will let them fix it this time, so it hopefully doesn't come back.

adam

Thanks for the fast response, Adam. Any idea on when this new version of IPB is coming out? Me thinks that if/when we upgrade, that will hopefully definitely take care of the problem...

adam

Thanks for the fast response, Adam. Any idea on when this new version of IPB is coming out? Me thinks that if/when we upgrade, that will hopefully definitely take care of the problem...

Unless it is an addon that is vulnerable. I would start by upgrading any addons that are out of date. Or possibly after each fix, disable one and see if it is the cause.

Hey, while we're here, is there anyway for us to get access to the HookahForum Facebook page? If you could figure that out for us also Adrock that'd be awesome. Hopefully we can use that page to generate forum traffic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this has always been Hookah Forum, but have we thought about making it a vapor AND hookah forum? I know alot of the members on here, myself included are vaping more than hookah and that seems to be where most of the activity is. Who knows, maybe you get newer members that are interested in vaping we could get into hookah. Just a thought I had today.