Want To Know Why This Site Doesn't Get Traffic Anymore?

DrSmokes

This is starting to get on my nerves. Seriously, we need to fix this. If it means migrating to something new so that everything works, so be it, I'll foot the bill if Adrock won't.

I wish I had more contact info for Adrock. Unfortunately only way I know to contact him is through here, and he doesn't check PMs very often. I will send him a PM about this issue again...

Does he actively use the forums? Can someone who is active take over ownership of the forum?

I wish I had more contact info for Adrock. Unfortunately only way I know to contact him is through here, and he doesn't check PMs very often. I will send him a PM about this issue again...

Does he actively use the forums? Can someone who is active take over ownership of the forum?

It's obvious he isn't active or else these issues probably wouldn't exist, who knows what is going to happen o.o

Nope, he's hardly on. And I dunno. :unsure:

I hate to say this but...what if someone made a new forum for everyone here. This is getting absurd. This has been going on for a long time and was temp fixed once.

I would much rather Adrock fix the issue at hand. Plus, one thing I love about this place is its history. Threads dating back to 2006 that cover everything hookah. Would lose all of that if we were to just abandon Hookah Forum. Ultimately I would love to swap over to xenforo, which would allow us to keep our history, no?

Anyway, I talked to Mushrat, and he told me he would call Adrock and talk to him personally. Please sit tight, folks, and don't lose faith just yet. I know how discouraging this is (trust me, I'm right there with ya), but Hookah Forum is worth not giving up on, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any conversion would keep the data. Would likely need someone good to help to make sure the data is converted properly. Xenforo has much better security so I would love to see this site convert.

Xenforo is what I'm shooting for...

As long as I can still use tapatalk on it, I'm happy. Please for the love of all things that don't suck don't use what HP uses requiring forum runner. That app is so buggy I can't even. Edited by Codyb88

Xenforo is what I'm shooting for...

As long as I can still use tapatalk on it, I'm happy. Please for the love of all things that don't suck don't use what HP uses requiring forum runner. That app is so buggy I can't even.

Yep, Tapatalk app is for Xenforo as well: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/tapatalk-forum-app-for-xenforo-ios-android-blackberry-mobile-app.263/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
For me as well. Didn't we used to have an email system in place that emailed people when the forums were down?

Facebook page was once used to alert folks, but is pretty much dead these days. I would like to gain access to it so I can better utilize it.

Btw, I have no idea why the forum has been down past couple days.

Forum was down for me the past couple days.

Also tried out that whole "Search engine search for HookahForum and click on it and get sent somewhere else" thing and it happened to me once.  Shiz gone f'd up.

Seriously, can I just buy hookahforum? I'm seriously getting sick of us having problems we can't fix and can't deal with at all because Adrock is AFK. There is no reason for us to continue having these problems. We shouldn't have to rely on going through Mush just to communicate something with Adrock, and we certainly shouldn't be going on several months with a problem that could be fixed by now. Bah!

• Upvote 1

I agree with you, Ty. It's very frustrating. It's something that I wish I could fix, but just can't, because I do not have the proper permissions.

I've even considered stepping down from my administrator position over this, I find it so ridiculous. Tired of telling folks to just sit tight and wait until it gets fixed. I feel like I cannot properly serve you guys as admin.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I apologize for the delay in response, I just noticed these emails. I have updated my notification settings so I am better updated.

I completely agree that the drop in traffic is concerning.  What do people propose?   I'm game for anything.

Well, it sounds like you've attempted to fix the problem in the past. If IPS can't fix it for you, then I think you need to start looking at other possibilities. I've mentioned converting to xenforo. I wouldn't recommend vbulletin as I've seen this same hack occur on there (actually, have had it happened to myself). The community at xenforo is great and anything you guys are looking for, I can likely tell you if it exists in the addon market there (I even own some addons that I'd be willing to sell that I haven't released publicly).

I've also wondered if you are too busy for this if you are willing to sell it. I own a rather large gaming site (almost 8M posts, around 55k unique visitors/day) so I'm on the internet constantly unless I'm in the office treating patients. I also have hired help that takes care of the site when I'm not around so this site could be taken care of almost 24/7. All issues can be attended to within 12 hours (usually much less, but it would depend on time of day and other factors - if we catch it when we are online, should only take a few min to resolve). I also have my own beast of a dedicated server to run this on, as well as a server management team that monitors the server 24/7, DDoS and skiddie protection, and a separate email server for further protection. I've been running communities for about 9 years now, it is what helped pay my way through graduate school and I still hold a passion for it.

Either case, I'd still like to help the site in whichever capacity I can. I do think xenforo will be your best move as IPS are changing their pricing schematics and hiking up the prices big time. They are screwing past customers (not the first time). I don't trust them and all their future releases are made out to seem like they are pure gold....until you actually use them. I've been very happy with xenforo from the start, and my users love it.