Want To Know Why This Site Doesn't Get Traffic Anymore?

DrSmokes

The site isn't getting traffic bc it's been hacked. There is a redirect on people visiting the site from search engines (for the first time from search engines btw, so if you click back and then click the link again, it comes to the site).

This site is so broken...Adrock needs to either do work, hire people to fix it, or sell it to me so I can get this site working again.

I agree it's definitely broken and has been for way too long. I just hope it gets fixed soon. Mind elaborating on the hacking issue? As for Adrock selling it, you'd have to talk to him about that. I have researched our issues we've been having and can't figure it out myself. Just waiting for the IPBoard guys to come in and clean the mess up. Sent from my iPhone using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL]

Interesting, I cleared all of my cookies and history then tried Google, Bing, and Yahoo and my anti-virus blocked all of them because of malicious firmware. But, as you said, after going back and clicking the link again everything was fine. 

I agree it's definitely broken and has been for way too long. I just hope it gets fixed soon. Mind elaborating on the hacking issue? As for Adrock selling it, you'd have to talk to him about that. I have researched our issues we've been having and can't figure it out myself. Just waiting for the IPBoard guys to come in and clean the mess up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how much more elaborate I can get. Travis understood me. You may need to clear your cookies if you have ever done any searches for the site in the past.

The site is broken because of this hack I feel. And if IPB is taking this long to fix it, then they are fucking retards. You probably need to overwrite all the old files for one. It's probably an addon that has been hacked (as that is usually the case...maybe your tinychat addon...if that still exists). I'd also recommend contacting a security firm like Sucuri. If you don't want to use them, I have a buddy who may be interesting in having a look. I'm sure the site now has a back door so the hackers can always come back in and make the proper changes so all of your traffic is forwarded to them again.

How do I know about this? I've had this happen to my site about 4-5 years ago. Took about 60% of my traffic...I noticed the drop, started doing searches in google thinking G stopped putting us in the number 1 spot...and bam, found that the site was redirecting. So funny, the solution then was to move to IPB from vbulletin xD Doesn't seem to be the case now. I hope you guys can get this figured out. Once the server is clean, I suggest reuploading clean files for IPB. That may fix the other issues. If that doesn't, disable each addon 1 by 1 until you find the addon that resolves the rest of the issues with the site.

You know....I love this forum. The people here and the way its run, but this site has been broken since I've been here. From posting issues, messaging issues, tiny chat issues......problems in creating new threads and many more issues that I can't even remember. There probably has never been a time when there wasn't at least a problem or two here, at least in my knowledge, and its ridiculous, and upsetting. No disrespect meant to anyone, but adrock really should start giving a shit. I can imagine how off putting these problems must be for new users, and now we have a hack that's preventing new users from even visiting. I also hope the problems get fixed soon, but only hoping doesn't fix shit I'm afraid.

Well I say I hope because really there's not much I can do about it, quite frankly. I may be an admin but I am still restricted from certain parts that only Adrock has access to. When I looked up this issue, that was the case- I was told to login to some client services area or something. I don't have that ability, Adrock does. Trust me, I want this to get fixed just as bad as you guys do. Now, about the redirecting issue- is our traffic being redirected to another hookah forum or just some random site that isn't hookah related? I'm going to play around with Google search today to see what you're talking about. Sent from my iPhone using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL]

Well I say I hope because really there's not much I can do about it, quite frankly. I may be an admin but I am still restricted from certain parts that only Adrock has access to. When I looked up this issue, that was the case- I was told to login to some client services area or something. I don't have that ability, Adrock does. Trust me, I want this to get fixed just as bad as you guys do. Now, about the redirecting issue- is our traffic being redirected to another hookah forum or just some random site that isn't hookah related? I'm going to play around with Google search today to see what you're talking about.

I highly doubt it is from another hookah forum. It's a hack that is used for any forum site that has the exploit (including my site years ago, and mine is a gaming site...I have multiple forum owner friends who've had it happen to them too). It redirects to some stupid page that acts pretty much as an error page. I don't understand why this hack is even around to redirect to such pages...maybe another hookah forum is paying someone to do this to you so new visitors are forced to click back and go to the next hookah related link.

If you have chrome or firefox, you can use the incognito mode and do a google search and that should show you the redirect issue. If you would like to teamviewer with me, I can show you were to look...Idk what permissions you have in the ACP so that may be an issue as well. If you don't want to do that, please...start disabling certain plugins, I would start with tinychat, and see which one may be causing this. 

Do you have FTP access? Or is that only Adrock?

Every page I went to from Google showed me the Hookah Forum page, without any error. Mind giving me an example of what you're seeing? Pretty sure the FTP stuff is in the Client Area, which I do not have access to. Mush may, however. We'll see when he chimes in on this matter. Sent from my iPhone using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL]

Every page I went to from Google showed me the Hookah Forum page, without any error. Mind giving me an example of what you're seeing?

Pretty sure the FTP stuff is in the Client Area, which I do not have access to. Mush may, however. We'll see when he chimes in on this matter.

3d2b7200351f0087b04066af25602cc2.png​

It sends to http://url4short.info/183492a2

And FTP would not be the client area with IPB, unless IPB is doing the hosting, which should still have separate FTP information. FTP is to look at the files on the server.

Would you mind getting together on skype to see what we can do together to fix this?

I've been trying to PM you Chreees, and also posted on your profile page. Let's get on skype so we can talk about this issue...I'm hoping I can help so the site can be filled with less errors again.

Justin- I'm not around decent enough internet right now, and my laptop is at home anyway. Also, I really don't think there's a whole lot I can do to fix the issue. I'll try disabling plugins again, though... Vimal- I didn't take your post that way at all. It's all good brother. Luka- I'm about to go in incognito mode to see what you guys are talking about. Sent from my iPhone using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL]

So I went and disabled the Tapatalk app that was installed and checked to see if it would redirect me on a Google search result, and it did not. Can you guys please do some additional testing for me and see if anyone can get it to redirect again? If it doesn't, then good, we fixed that issue... but bad, because apparently that means Tapatalk's plug-in is fucked up and caused our shit to redirect on Google. I find it especially weird because Tapatalk appears to still work for me on my phone, despite the plug-in having been disabled. :scratch_one-s_head:

EDIT: Also, let's see if that somehow fixed our posting issue as well. This post went through just fine for me and refreshed the page automatically and everything... knock on wood.

Just tried it on 3 different search engines. No problems as of now, I'll try it again periodically just to make sure. Good job Chris

I'll send you a blank PM to see if those issues are fixed as well. Report back if you get a notification since we weren't before

Wooohoo! I'm finally getting notifications again! And I just PM'd someone and that went through without an issue. 

Chreees, you likely need to get an updated version of the tapatalk addon. But it sounds like something the mysterious disappearing act of Adrock needs to do.

There are no more posting problems however there are still problems when you search for it. The 1st time i type hookahforum.com uptop as the site loads my antivirus acts up saying access blocked, malicious site" i cant remember the exact error message. then i also get the URL short message page. Then i go back and search again and can get to the HF fine the second time around but the 1st time always gives me that error. 

Please try looking into that. 

thank you.