Hello From Northern New Jersey

Legatus

Hello everybody!

My name is Jay and I'm glad to join this forum here. I heard about it from a YouTuber who recommended that I check you guys out for all Hookah related discussion and what not. I have been smoking hookah like an amateur for about a year now and have decided to finally kick it up a notch and really learn this awesome hobby to the fullest. I say amateur because I've been smoking a crappy, apparently semi broken Hookah for a year that I got as a gift and was taught how to do everything improperly by the person who gave it to me.

Why did I never actually bother to check what I was doing? Sometimes I forget the internet exists for these purposes, haha. Anyways, I hope to get to know you all throughout my tenure here and can't wait to learn and discuss and what not.

For those who are curious, I just recently bout a KM and can't wait to actually use it properly.

Cheers,

Jay "Legatus"

Welcome to HF, Jay! :) Great call on the km! You will experience a world of difference if you have been smoking using a semi broken pipe haha! If you face any problems though, feel free to ask away! :) We love pics btw. Post the pics of your new setup when you set it up! :)

Exactly! That's why I can't wait for all the new shisha I ordered to arrive. I would try what I already learned now, but I need a new grommet for my hose, which is coming in with my shisha. I'll have to wait until this weekend or Monday to find out, but I'll let you guys now. I hope I can get real clouds and flavor this time around. Thanks for the warm welcome as well!

Welcome to HF!  A KM should be a major upgrade! I'd want to get 1 of those KM Prince Hookahs They look awesome very close replica of the OG AF Solid!.

Jay, if the hose grommet is the only thing stopping you, then try a damp paper towel. They make for awesome grommets. I don't even use the normal ones anymore! They have a better grip and they are readily available!

Only thing I ever use.

News! So I finally used my new KM and I have good and bad news. Good news is that my new KM is great. The first day I used the grommets and used my new coconaras and the new argelini shisha I ordered. The first light was awesome. The flavored were great, but I didnt get thickish clouds. I think my holes on my foil were too large. Today I used the paper towels which were MUCH better than grommets. However, I think I made a mistake with the bowl once more. I didn't want to smoke too long so I didn't fill out the bowl. I put 3 coals in the triangle formation, but I soon found myself coughing cause the smoke was too harsh. I think this means I has too much heat and not enough shisha?

Depending on how big it is, you may need 2 or you may need 3. Play around with your heat management. Another tip is if you need less heat, stand a Coconara up on its smallest side. This is called "stonehenging." If you need slightly more heat, I recommend picking up a windcover. I never use a windcover to actually keep the wind away from my coals- I always smoke inside and use mine as a heat management tool. ;)

It may be overwhelming at first with all the variables to consider, but with practice you'll be having some awesome sessions soon enough.

I'll try that next time! I'm not discouraged because I realize what I'm doing wrong so I can't wait to try again!

I have a question, do you guys know where I could find tangier that are not 250g? I really want to try it, but I can only find the 250g tubs which I don't think are good ideas since I don't even know it I like them.