Babliya (Size Tall!)

BjK

Hi. Check out this one. It's called babliya who means babylon. It's an Iraqi model and really hard to get your hands on. But I got lucky and found one, it's the tallest size.

2qn75nl.jpg
a9qps4.jpg
wiv6uf.jpg

It's a very odd looking stem. The base looks like a Sahara Smoke base. was this setup expensive? 

Considering it came with a sahara smoke base that isn't too expensive. I have spent a lot more on syrians my ,most expensive pipes to date are my all nawras+ the bohos they are on believe me you don't want to know how much they cost. There are members here with some incredible collections. Anyways if you want to go after rare, and beautiful pipes you should look into Syrians specifically the Al Nawras brand. Sadly, because the Nawras factory was destroyed during the syrian war they're probably will never be anymore nawras hookahs produced. They are quite beautiful though. Check out em out on this forum some people have pictures of them. :-) 

The looks isn't the most important thing for me, I have one Turkish ( on the left) bought from local manufacturer in Izmir turkey, that's my "take to friends house to watch football pipe", I don't know what brand the right one is but it's one of the kind that goes down to pieces.

20h0pkn.jpg

That's a nice little gold brass turk how many pieces does it go into? I saw that exact pipe on ebay looks like a Tokel. 

Edited by A Sharrp SYBIAN

It's 4 pieces, the plate. The main body (don't know what it's called) the copper pipe that goes down in the vase, and then the vase. U can see the leather hose hanging on the left, next to the curtain, bought this setup for 45-50 usd

the main body is the stem. i was asking about the gold Brass hookah pipe with the turkish designs the pipe next to it looks like a Mya-like chinese pipe those always unscew into smaller parts... If they are Mya they should be 50$ if its another chinese brand they may go for $20. But That gold brass turk you have is a beauty! 

That's reeeeaaally odd. Never seen anything quite like that, actually.

Like a said, it's really hard to find :) a rare piece.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad you are happy with your purchase, I hope you enjoy it. 

That being said, I don't really care for it. I don't like the purge valve up top. The bolts around where the tray is held to the stem, and on the downpipe, just looks like something that someone put together for themselves. 

I also don't care for the decorative flares on the downstem being being "hollow" for lack of better word. to me it feels unfinished and rough.

Hi. Check out this one. It's called babliya who means babylon. It's an Iraqi model and really hard to get your hands on. But I got lucky and found one, it's the tallest size.

Hi guys,

Does anyone know where to buy this?

Sorry, Man.  No one around here has ever even seen one.  We don't know where to get it.

Click on the follow this topic button at the top of the thread and you will be notified if anyone ever post information about where to get it.

That is bizarre, but yeah, it has some parts that look cheaply put together in a home made fashion. I am always interested in these "oddity" pipes, since they show that some people are not afraid to try and innovate. I don't like any pipe that you can't clean every nook and cranny, so definitely not for me, but it certainly is interesting.

Hi guys,

Does anyone know where to buy this?

Sorry, Man.  No one around here has ever even seen one.  We don't know where to get it.

Click on the follow this topic button at the top of the thread and you will be notified if anyone ever post information about where to get it.

Okay mate, I will do that and thanks for your reply.

What do you all have against posting picture the right way up ffs??

Yes those are Iraqi pipes. They are used a lot in lounges I'm told by an Iraqi friend because they are solid as hell, weigh a metric ton, and smoke like the gods' own hookah. They are also not cheap. He brought one back on his last visit to his family and it is a sight to behold.

Now lets see if we can help a guy with a bad neck and post the pics right side up can we? Thanks. :)

These pipes are very nice ...and very big and heavy.

I just placed a full shipment for babylon hookah pipes to add to inventory. They still haven't even hit the warehouse so I don't have pics but their are a few different styles, and colors, and yes their very expensive. They normally go for about $160-$180 and shipping is going to be a ton since these are so heavy. Hopefully I'll have them next week to take pictures and compare.

These pipes are very nice ...and very big and heavy.

I just placed a full shipment for babylon hookah pipes to add to inventory. They still haven't even hit the warehouse so I don't have pics but their are a few different styles, and colors, and yes their very expensive. They normally go for about $160-$180 and shipping is going to be a ton since these are so heavy. Hopefully I'll have them next week to take pictures and compare.

That's cool, but where did you order them from. 

Thanks